Killimano3

Where the hell does GotG take place?

In Thor we were introduced to the various different realms in the MCU (asgard, earth, the frost giant place etc.) but in GotG it all takes place out in space where they can presumably reach earth by spaceship. So does that mean that it all takes place in Earth's realm? Or some other realm? Does every realm also have an expansive galaxy with other planets and civilizations? 

According to the Marvel wiki, Asgard is in another dimension. So, I am guessing there are alternate universes out there. GotG takes place in our universe through space travel. Thor takes place in another universe and uses extra-dimensional travel.

• Like 1

According to the Marvel wiki, Asgard is in another dimension. So, I am guessing there are alternate universes out there. GotG takes place in our universe through space travel. Thor takes place in another universe and uses extra-dimensional travel.

I concur.

Posted Image

I thought it was the other way around?

Nopes. Nine Realms is our galaxy hence why Earth is one of the realms (Midgard). Though I don't blame anyone for thinking the galaxy in "Guardians of the Galaxy" is our galaxy. "Guardians of a Galaxy" doesn't quite have the same effect, I guess. :P 

• Like 1