Olive

Weekend Numbers (4 day estimates pg 35)

So I saw GOTG for the 5th and final time tonight. Gotta say while I did love it I really didn't forsee this; but my grandparents and I had nothing else to do over Labor Day weekend. I have now seen it more than any film since TDKR.My grandma loved it (mainly Groot and Drax) and my grandpa thought it was "okay, but not as good as the one with Thor and the rest of those guys".Also with noting my grandpa is the only person I've ever heard refer to the Avengers as "Thor and __"

Edited by Mango
  • Like 16

Very impressive hold for GOTG. 4-day is looking at 21.5-22M or 25%+ up from LW. 300M is absolutely locked now and with OS performance so far 700M WW should happen and if it really breaks out in China aka DOFP/CA:TWS than 750M is likely. GOTG has definitely saved the summer for me. 

• Like 2

Very impressive hold for GOTG. 4-day is looking at 21.5-22M or 25%+ up from LW. 300M is absolutely locked now and with OS performance so far 700M WW should happen and if it really breaks out in China aka DOFP/CA:TWS than 750M is likely. GOTG has definitely saved the summer for me. 

It has saved the summer for the BO as well. It has generated lots of excitement around here as well.

So I saw GOTG for the 5th and final time tonight. Gotta say while I did love it I really didn't forsee this; but my grandparents and I had nothing else to do over Labor Day weekend. I have now seen it more than any film since TDKR.My grandma loved it (mainly Groot and Drax) and my grandpa thought it was "okay, but not as good as the one with Thor and the rest of those guys".Also with noting my grandpa is the only person I've ever heard refer to the Avengers as "Thor and __"

Eww at your grandfather's taste.

But bless at yours.  :wub:

• Like 1

lmao why do we have to argue about Baumer's opinions in every weekend thread? Damn theres like 500 of us, but its always his that people care about. What about my opinion? Why can't we argue about my tastes for once?Always Baumer, Baumer, Baumer! HES NOT A KARDASHIAN.

• Like 8

lmao why do we have to argue about Baumer's opinions in every weekend thread? Damn theres like 500 of us, but its always his that people care about. What about my opinion? Why can't we argue about my tastes for once?Always Baumer, Baumer, Baumer! HES NOT A KARDASHIAN.

Baumer is BOforum Royalty

Well just become the biggest poster on these forums then ppl will treat u the same

Do what he does and be like 1% of others who talk shit about a movie 99% of the people loves.

• Like 1

I think terrestrial was making the point that Thor is not completely seen as a "fantasy movie" in German culture. There is a bit more of a "religious/historical" element mixed in there. So our view of it really isn't applicable.

The Norse stories however are intermixes of culture and fantasy. Marvel's Thor is science fantasy with mythological elements (mythology being an intermixing of historicity/culture and fantasy.)Honestly, id consider any dead religion to no longer be a religion but a mixing of fantasy and ancient culture.

IF I STAY took in an estimated $11.60M over the 4-day weekend. Domestic total now stands at $32.16M. #IfIStay

AS ABOVE/SO BELOW opened with an estimated $10.32M over the 4-day weekend. #AsAboveSoBelow

THE NOVEMBER MAN took in an estimated $10.2M over the 4-day weekend. 6-Day domestic total stands at $11.89M. #TheNovemberMan

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES took in an estimated $15.7M over the 4-day weekend. Domestic total now stands at $166.36M. #TMNT

• Like 1