chasmmi

Chasmmi's Winter Game - Discussion and Rules - SCORES ARE TALLIED RESULTS COUNTDOWN IN PROGRESS!!!

14 and 15 seem to easy of questions,

For 14 4 seems like an obvious answer, however it's possible for 2 or 3 to win out if one of the non-Interstellar/Hunger Games movies breaks out as well.  However, I see no chance for number 1 to win.

It'd make more sense to switch Horrible Bosses 2 with John Wick, and The Judge with Hot Tub Time Machine, 4 is way to stacked and 1 only has the hobbit which is looking like the smaller of the big 4 movies anyways (With a potential of an Annabelle break out)

15 is just a no brainer in my opinion, nothing in 4 is going to be a hit meanwhile 3, 2, and 1 all have potential hits (and even if some of those bomb they'll gross more than anything in 4).

Switch the Pyramid with Unbroken and it'll be a bit more fair.

Just posting this because everybody is picking number 4 on both options (And if they aren't they are either taking a huge risk, or in 15's case being outright blind)

Understand you're points here, and maybe there could have been more balance to those questions, but it would be unfair to change them now (barring any other schedule changes) as some players who have already answered the questions may not notice they need to change their answers. (even if there is still plenty of time).

You'll just have to put them down as 2 gimme questions :)

• Like 2

SOTM 1 is up for you all to have plenty of time to think over. ANd it also gives us something else to pass the time between now and the start of the game.

(Do not worry, apart from Week One's questions which I'll post by Monday at latest, this is all there will be to think about pre-season :) )

Have fun

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/16362-winter-game-sotm-1-annabelle-vs-chucky/

• Like 1

Hey folks, for whatever reason the formatting for some of the prediction posts in the prediction thread have gone weird. There is a fix however (it worked for my post at least). If you have made predictions please do the following to fix the posts :)

I've been suffering the same problem as Blank and I think I've found a fix. Go on 'Use Full Editor', click on the 'Enable HTML' checkbox, then click off the same checkbox. You should go automatically into BBCode mode. Then you just have to switch off BBCode mode and your post goes back to normal.

EDIT: Okay, a few of the lines on my page are still suffering, but the vast majority of them go back to normal.

thanks Rukaio

• Like 1

Just to be clear, it is ok to change our predictions up until 10/2, right?  Both in case of realizing you'd made a mistake as well as discovering something new ("OMG, the new trailer for movie X that just came out looks *awesome*, I need to bump up my prediction!"). When exactly is the cut-off for that? 11:59 pm (in some agreed upon timezone) on 10/2? 10/1?  Noon on 10/2?

I have no particular preference, I'm just someone who tends to endlessly tweak and edit things up until the final deadline, and I'd just like to know what it is so I don't accidentally run afoul of it.

Edited by Wrath

Just to be clear, it is ok to change our predictions up until 10/2, right?  Both in case of realizing you'd made a mistake as well as discovering something new ("OMG, the new trailer for movie X that just came out looks *awesome*, I need to bump up my prediction!"). When exactly is the cut-off for that? 11:59 pm (in some agreed upon timezone) on 10/2? 10/1?  Noon on 10/2?

I have no particular preference, I'm just someone who tends to endlessly tweak and edit things up until the final deadline, and I'd just like to know what it is so I don't accidentally run afoul of it.

The Cut off is 23:59 Thursday evening (Or Midnight Friday morning if you prefer to think that way) Forum time.

I don't know the forum time zone, but it works out as 4pm korean time and 8am UK time.

It will be very clear from this thread's title when we are approaching 36hours etc to go. :)

And yes, everything can be changed 100 times or more between now and deadline 

• Like 1

The Cut off is 23:59 Thursday evening (Or Midnight Friday morning if you prefer to think that way) Forum time.

I don't know the forum time zone, but it works out as 4pm korean time and 8am UK time.

It will be very clear from this thread's title when we are approaching 36hours etc to go. :)

And yes, everything can be changed 100 times or more between now and deadline 

Ok, great, thanks.  Unless it presents differently for different people, it looks like forum time is is US EST which is GMT -5.  Seoul is GMT + 9 so that more or less works out.

Edited by Wrath

Posting what?

There is a winter Game subforum on the main page which has the main preseason prediction thread, the SOTM 1 thread and very soon the week 1 thread :)

Thank you! Sorry I sent this in class before the bell rang and I should have specified.

Edited by DAJK