Crusader

John Wick | Keanu Reeves | October 24, 2014 | Final Trailer on Page 3 | IMAX release announced

Well damn this looking better and better with each day

As for the box office its kinda hard to predict ... I mean it definitely looks appealing but then again its summit and lionsgate and they usually can't open shit when it comes to star-driven actioners ... yet it will be enough time after Equalizer and quite frankly Equalizer never looked nearly as good as this and without even watching either of the 2 movies I have to say that John Wick clearly seems like a better movie ( and I'm sure it will be )

Plus it doesn't have a ridiculous running time of 130 + minutes its kept at around 95 minute mark

Well thats awkward, when I saw this trailer during Equalizer I was like 1. Dafuq is this? And 2. the guys on BOF will so shit on this. Then I log on and see all positives. Him its looks...interesting. Sorry but the dog angle makes me lol, but I can see me gf doing this if someone murdered her chiuahuah, so I guess its not too crazy.

It looks like a live action shoot-em-up video game, with a dog and poorly animated lightning. Not a bad thing. Not sure yet if ill be seeing it in theaters, but ill Redbox of course. Good to see Keanu "back."

Well thats awkward, when I saw this trailer during Equalizer I was like 1. Dafuq is this? And 2. the guys on BOF will so shit on this. Then I log on and see all positives. Him its looks...interesting. Sorry but the dog angle makes me lol, but I can see me gf doing this if someone murdered her chiuahuah, so I guess its not too crazy.

It looks like a live action shoot-em-up video game, with a dog and poorly animated lightning. Not a bad thing. Not sure yet if ill be seeing it in theaters, but ill Redbox of course. Good to see Keanu "back."

Its not just us here - critics are all over it

It has 9 reviews on RT all fresh and the average rating of 7.9

Obviously it will go down but that right there is about as best as you can get for a movie of this genre ( B- movie shoot em up )

Hopefully if John Wick is a success for it's budget it will established Keanu as an Action Star again and then the Matrix sequels or prequels will officially be greenlit. 

John_Wick_TeaserPoster.jpg

Last Official Poster before Release

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 2

Keanu Reeves explains wither or not he's been contacted for "Matrix" Sequels and what happen to Neo in "Matrix Revolutions":

film-the_matrix_revolutions-2003-neo-kea

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/interview-john-wick-star-keanu-reeves-talks-stunt-work-side-by-side-the-possibility-of-another-matrix-movie-20140930?page=2

Is there any desire to return to that world of the Matrix?

No. I'd love to work with Andy and Lana. They're so wonderful and so visionary and as writers and directors they're great. So I'd love to work with them again.

But you're not interested in putting on a leather duster again?

I'm dead. I died. I was even dead in "The Matrix." I'm gone. I'm like a nameplate on a park bench. It's not even as Neo. It's Thomas Anderson. And there's a plate on a fucking bench and he's gone. He's been consumed. By the cosmos.

That's interesting cause by saying "He's consumed by the Cosmos" as in Universe, Is Keanu saying Neo is basically a God now?.
Edited by filmscholar

The dog was a final gift from his dying wife. You don't kill a man's dog. That's all he had left. ;)

Gotta say, these positive reviews have me interested.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1