Neo

Jason Bourne | 7.29.2016 | One week IMAX release on August 26 thanks to Ben Hur flopping

42 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

My dad hasn't been to a movie since Star Wars but I know damn well he's gonna see this. 

The warehouse manager at work hasn't been to the movies since Harry Brown(I think he somehow got free tickets to a special screening). He loves Jason Bourne. He already has tickets for Saturday. 

• Like 1

I'll say this. It's a solid Bourne movie. It's pretty much what you would expect with nothing unexpected. There is one plot point that was so telegraphed that I was muttering to myself. Don't do it. Don't do it. 

Plus shakey cam was turned up to 11 and there was quite often a conscious decision not to shoot the actual action. 

Having said all that. I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Edited by DeeCee

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

wait you are saying JB is better than MI5. No way. That was way better. it was trying to be its own thing instead of just following previous movie. That said I still enjoyed bourne 4. Just that its far from classic.

But, Ethan is not you.  :jeb!:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I'm inclined to say that its better

I am unsure. The final action scene makes me go for Jason Bourne as well, tho. That shit will go down in history as one of the most intense and greatest action scenes ever put in a movie. 

• Like 1

FWIW, this has already sold out a screening near me tonight, and some others are filling up as well. That doesn't usually happen this far in advance of showtime for non-massive movies. This could be bigger than I though. Upping from 42 to 55. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

wait you are saying JB is better than MI5. No way. That was way better. it was trying to be its own thing instead of just following previous movie. That said I still enjoyed bourne 4. Just that its far from classic.

I really don't see how it isn't trying to be its own thing. Yes it has a car chase, yes it has a hand to hand combat sequence, yeah it has an asset hunting Jason Bourne. But those are all things that are innately part of Bourne movies. It does however take a look at how the character has been effected by retaining his memory. It does however take a look at how the character is uneasy in his current lifestyle and it does pose questions about his ability to live a normal life. I don't recall that in the previous movies. Its a new chapter for Bourne and it kicks ass

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am unsure. The final action scene makes me go for Jason Bourne as well, tho. That shit will go down in history as one of the most intense and greatest action scenes ever put in a movie. 

The Las Vegas sequence? Its great and all but personally would take take the Athens sequence over it. Uggggggg... I wanna back out to the theatre now just so I can see the Athens Sequence again

• Like 1

Maybe some people would be happier if Jason Bourne had settled down and was taking his kids to baseball practise and he was helping his daughter sell Girl Guide Cookies.

OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO HAVE THE SAME STUFF AS BEFORE.  JESUS CHRIST, THIS IS JASON BOURNE.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Maybe some people would be happier if Jason Bourne had settled down and was taking his kids to baseball practise and he was helping his daughter sell Girl Guide Cookies.

OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO HAVE THE SAME STUFF AS BEFORE.  JESUS CHRIST, THIS IS JASON BOURNE.

You're gonna dig it B

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Baumer said:

:bravo:

• Like 1