Neo

Jason Bourne | 7.29.2016 | One week IMAX release on August 26 thanks to Ben Hur flopping

Im so confused on this, did they fuck over Lin?  

Wait.... What about the Justin Lin movie?

It's still being made but it's being moved back. At least that's what I understood.

Questioned was answered that day by Marshall.

Edited by Neo
  • Like 1

They have no official statement he's just saying whatever he wants. 

Are they going to have 2 Bourne Movies in one year? No 

Did I say they were doing 2 movies in a year? No. Not saying whatever he wants, its the producer Frank Marshall saying the movie is moving forward as is the script. The question was answered 2 months ago.

• Like 2

Did I say they were doing 2 movies in a year? No. Not saying whatever he wants, its the producer Frank Marshall saying the movie is moving forward as is the script. The question was answered 2 months ago.

A producer making a statement means nothing. Both movies are supposed to come out in 2016 as of now.

Even if you get Damon back for 2016 do you have one with Renner and Lin for 2017? No. 

A producer making a statement means nothing. Both movies are supposed to come out in 2016 as of now.

Even if you get Damon back for 2016 do you have one with Renner and Lin for 2017? No. 

As of now? No. The Lin was moved off the schedule for the Damon/Greengrass one. Like I said it happened 2 months ago you were here. How do you know the Renner/Lin one can't be for 2017?

• Like 1

As of now? No. The Lin was moved off the schedule for the Damon/Greengrass one. Like I said it happened 2 months ago you were here. How do you know the Renner/Lin one can't be for 2017?

Because why go back to damon then back to the guy no body cares about a year later for movie #6. Its most likely bad business. Unless somehow, Damon likes Lin and Greengrass approves of the story route so he does 6 too. But I don't see that happening. 

Because why go back to damon then back to the guy no body cares about a year later for movie #6. Its most likely bad business. Unless somehow, Damon likes Lin and Greengrass approves of the story route so he does 6 too. But I don't see that happening. 

So no response to the Lin one being moved off the schedule? Because its a connected universe and they can't make a Damon one every year so make a Renner one in the inbetween years. TBL made a good amount of money for a sequel (minimum). Its a connected universe so having his name dropped will be enough.

• Like 1

So no response to the Lin one being moved off the schedule? Because its a connected universe and they can't make a Damon one every year so make a Renner one in the inbetween years. TBL made a good amount of money for a sequel (minimum). Its a connected universe so having his name dropped will be enough.

I understand, I just don't think anyone cares or wants to see that really. They could try I guess. 

Who knows maybe Ridley Scott's Martian put Damon back in A list, and he doesn't need to do a Bourne sequel, and Lin is back on track for 2016.

:P   ^_^

Would be to late. This one will start filming by July '15 and The Martian will be out 4 months later, no way they cancel the shoot and do a turnaround for the other one. Other reasons they wouldn't do this.

• Like 1

Matt Damon is Bourne, period.  The idea of ever going back to Jeremy Renner movies if Damon is willing to appear is ludicrous.  Why waste time on a lesser 'watered down' version of the real thing, diluting the product.

Can't wait for Damon & Greengrass being back in 2016. :)

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

While I'm happy Matt's back as Bourne, I'm not too sure I'm happy that Greengrass is back.  

Don't get me wrong, all 3 Bourne films are great and all, but Supremacy and Ultimatum were really frustrating to watch due to the over-usage of the shaky-cams (all action scenes the camera was shaking, and even non-action scenes where characters were just talking, the camera wasn't still).