Neo

Jason Bourne | 7.29.2016 | One week IMAX release on August 26 thanks to Ben Hur flopping

July 2016 is pretty much set, I think Power Rangers (if it even happens) or King Arthur will move to the slot vacated by Bourne. It is looking like a pretty weak July again, Star Trek will most likely get 220-240M, but none of the other movies are looking particularly strong.

July (Details)
The BFG (BV) - 7/1
Tarzan (2016) (WB) - 7/1
Star Trek 3 (Par.) - 7/8
Ice Age 5 (Fox) - 7/15
King Arthur (2016) (WB) - 7/22
Power Rangers (2016) (LGF) - 7/22
Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates (Fox) - 7/29
Untitled Next Bourne Chapter (Uni.) - 7/29

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

I hope this movie has a different plot and is not just "evil government sends assassins to kill main character" again. 

I would have preferred they do the Jeremy Renner sequel with Matt Damon making a cameo like Vin Diesel in Tokyo Drift, then they should have gone with the Fast and Furious formula bringing all characters from both the Damon and Renner movies together.

• Like 1

I would have preferred they do the Jeremy Renner sequel with Matt Damon making a cameo like Vin Diesel in Tokyo Drift, then they should have gone with the Fast and Furious formula bringing all characters from both the Damon and Renner movies together.

I hope eventually we GEF a film with both of them; I lovedthe Bourn Legacy, iit's got nothing on the original 3 though.

I do like the movies 1 to 3 as movies, but as a huge original books fan I prefer the last one as I think it gets the overall character / interaction / feeling / presentation of the Bourne world....   a lot better

IMHO only movie 1 got it partly right, movie 2 and 3 is ... nothing like the IMHO way more interesting books / more rich other characters.

I hate the books written by that IMHO hack of a cliche writer :stamp: that took over for Robert Ludlum (never bothered to even remember his name), all what made the original books special got killed and so on. E.g. Bourne in the books wasn't alone...

• Like 2

It better happen! It's my most anticipated July 2016 movie.

:lol: Power Rangers.

Both of my men- Jason Bourne and Steve Rogers be kicking ass in 2016.

Can't wait!

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1