KitKat

The Batman | June 25 2021 | Warner Bros | Matt Reeves to direct. Pattinson is Batman, Zoe Kravitz is Catwoman. Jeffrey Wright is Gordon. Paul Dano is Riddler

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I think @Avatree is referencing the running gag from Knives Out, where no one really knew what country Armas’ character was from. Do I have that right?

Ouch, I missed that......

Seriously these Twitter bloggers are getting really annoying with their #soon tweets indicating the reveal of the Batsuit.

Well no shit Sherlocks of course they are going to release an official look of Robert Pattinson as the Batman because filming is starting this week.

18 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Seriously these Twitter bloggers are getting really annoying with their #soon tweets indicating the reveal of the Batsuit.

Well no shit Sherlocks of course they are going to release an official look of Robert Pattinson as the Batman because filming is starting this week.

wait I thought filming started already. also apparently they are teasing something about the batman video game.

Filming here in Glasgow end of February. 

I’ll definitely go. Turning Glasgow into Gotham will be awesome. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Filming here in Glasgow end of February. 

I’ll definitely go. Turning Glasgow into Gotham will be awesome

They're gonna need to do some serious cleaning up...

Edited by reddevil19

6 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

Gotham is a clean city?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

Haha, they used Glasgow for World War Z. The city centre has some gorgeous buildings 

7 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Gotham is a clean city?

over your head superman GIF

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Haha, they used Glasgow for World War Z. The city centre has some gorgeous buildings 

Aye, one of my guys at work is Glaswigian, though he's been living down South for years and years, and he keeps bringing up the fact that WWZ was filmed there whenever we start talking bout underrated flicks and our love for the movie. 

8 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

Glasgow seems the perfect place to depict Gotham. a run down shithole full of criminals and low lifes.

• Haha 1

Jacqueline Durran (Costume Design) just received her 7th Oscar nom.

She makes an stunning work. Hopefully "The Batman" can be added on her list of Oscar nods.

screen-shot-2020-01-12-at-4.34.53-pm-e15

Peter Sarsgaard’s Comments About The Batman Have Us Very Excited For The Movie

Of all the upcoming comic books movies on the horizon, none may be quite as exciting as The Batman. While we've certainly seen more than our share of Batman movies before, there's something about the new film coming from writer/director Matt Reeves that feels different. It's been difficult to describe exactly why this version of the caped crusaders feels like it's going to be something we're not used to seeing, but part of the reason is the cast the film is putting together, and now a member of that cast is getting us even more pumped up for the new film, and giving us a bit more of an idea just what kind of Batman movie we're in for.

Peter Sarsgaard has been cast in an as yet unannounced role in Matt Reeves' The Batman, and while he's not revealing any details about his character, the actor did recently appear at the Television Critics Association's show for the upcoming CBS All Access series Interrogation and discussed what it's like making the movie, CinemaBlend's own Nick Venable was in attendance. Sarsgaard confirms that The Batman feels like a different sort of movie, and he compares making the film to attending a Pixies concert, so apparently we're about to get the most alt-rock Batman ever. According to Sarsgaard...

Matt directing this Batman [is exciting]. The cast is so awesome. It seems different from other Batman movies to me, just with the cast. There's something about it that has an edge, it's young. To me, just my perception of it, it reminds me of when I was in college, and I went to go see The Pixies play, and looking around and feeling the vibe at a Pixies concert. That's what it felt like to me, a song like 'I Bleed.' That it has the energy and that sort of thing, and isn't so specifically targeted to a very young audience, or a very old audience, but has that power of chaos in it…

Comparing Batman to the Pixies is certainly not something most fans probably expected, but then it seems like that's sort of the point. Peter Sarsgaard is talking about the energy that he apparently feels on set. He goes on to say that he saw The Pixies a lot in concert, and felt a connection between himself and the rest of the audience that he must also feel with the cast of this Batman movie. The audience shared emotions together through the music, and he actor seems to feel that the audience of this new Batman movie will share the experience in the same way.

The Pixies were my favorite group of all time. I went to like 20 concerts, and it was that feeling of all of us in this. And it's very emotional. The Pixies were incredibly emotional band, and I think this Batman is very emotional in that way. I think it will be very powerful.

With a cast that includes Robert Pattinson Zoe Kravitz, Jeffrey Wright, Colin Ferrell, and more in addition to Peter Sarsgaard, there certainly does seem to be something unique about this cast. If the movie turns out to be as powerful as Sarsgaard says, then fans will certainly be in for something special.

Of course, part of the excitement and energy may come with simply being part of the newest entry in the long running Batman series. Peter Sarsgaard had previously been part of the comic book movie world thanks to his role in the ill-fated Green Lantern, and while the actor admits that movie didn't work out, he appears to have really enjoyed making it, and clearly equally enjoys this one.

I'm excited to do it. You know, my wife [Maggie Gyllenhaal] did Batman years ago, and I've had one previous experience with a thing like that with Green Lantern... I really liked doing that show. I think in the end, the film wasn't as successful as it could have been, but I had a blast doing that one.

The Batman is currently filming and will hit theaters in June of 2021.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2488337/peter-sarsgaards-comments-about-the-batman-have-us-very-excited-for-the-movie

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 2:19 PM, Avatree said:

Glasgow seems the perfect place to depict Gotham. a run down shithole full of criminals and low lifes.

Yupm Glasgow is a good successor to Pittsburg (where the DK films were  partially shot) in that regard.....