8. The Boss Baby - 3.4M
  9. The Fate of the Furious - 3.1M
  10. How to be a Latin Lover - 2.7M
  11. Lowriders - 1.2M
  12. Gifted - 1.1M

That's not the forecast of BO.com

They say

GV2 36M / AC 35.9M

They have been consistently lowballing AC. Even Fox is estimating a 40M opening, and we know studios are really cautious with their estimations.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stripe said:

That's not the forecast of BO.com

They say

GV2 36M / AC 35.9M

They have been consistently lowballing AC. Even Fox is estimating a 40M opening, and we know studios are really cautious with their estimations.

I should have said 'Hey Boxoffice pro..."

they read our predictions.  

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me if Guardians 2 still has a chance of a total above $400 million domestic?!

Slim to none.

Even 380 is a 50-50 shot. And since its footing is turning out to be exactly that of Civil War from here on out, 360-370 is the most probable range for GOTG2's domestic total.

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HenryjRhetorics said:

Slim to none.

Even 380 is a 50-50 shot. And since its footing is turning out to be exactly that of Civil War from here on out, 360-370 is the most probable range for GOTG2's domestic total.

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Are there already any projections for Wonder Woman and Pirates 5 opening weekends?!

Edited by CalifoBoy

So, I'm gonna make predicts for next weekend of all BO through Memorial Day (since Baywatch's weird opening, which my radio is screwing up in ads, is weird...not sure how many people even know it will open early)...so anyway, here are my guesses...(and sadly, even though Baywatch over Pirates was one of my bold calls for 2017, now that the week is here, I'm now doubting myself...maybe in total BO it still has a chance, since Baywatch should have way better legs...yep, that's what I'll tell myself...and if the darn thing pulls out a miracle next weekend, I'll wonder why I ever doubted myself)...

Pirates (3 screens at mall / 1 1/2 screens at local - if it gets more screens, I'll update) - 4 day $76M

Baywatch (2 screens at mall / 1 screen at local - if it gets more screens, I'll update) - 5 day $56M

Yes, I'm still low on Pirates and high on Baywatch, but not as low or high as I was before:)...maybe I'll change if reviews go bonkers for either...

EDIT 5/22/17: Okay, early Pirate reviews are surprisingly NOT good, so I'm gonna drop my Pirates to match those reviews...4 day $65M (now, to wait and see if Baywatch reviews can go up and I can raise that one above Pirates and actually believe it:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

On 5/12/2017 at 10:39 PM, Blankments said:

...And I'm home for the summer, so I'll be doing the hometown theaters for a while. Drive-in is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Beauty and the Beast. 

Mother's Day, How to be a Latin Lover, Born in China, The Dinner, Smurfs: The Lost Village, The Lost City of Z, and Sleight are gone. Drive-in is The Boss Baby and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 25/8/4 (2D/3D/IMAX 3D) total 37 (down 15)

Alien: Covenant - 26/5 (2D/2D with D-BOX) total 31 (debut)

Snatched - 22 (no change)
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul - 21 (debut)

Everything Everything - 21 (debut)
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword - 12/3 (2D/3D) total 15 (down 4)
The Boss Baby - 13 (down 2)

The Fate of the Furious - 12 (down 1)
Beauty and the Beast - 9 (down 5)

The Circle - 8 (down 6)

Gifted - 8 (down 2)

Going in Style - 5 (down 8)

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

What's your prediction for Pirates total?

Around $150M total, I guess. I don't know, I haven't really paid attention to this movie. All I'm feeling is that a big fall is probably in store considering how long it's been since the last movie and how various unnecessary/untimely/unwanted sequels have been performing recently.

• Like 1

Pirates of the Caribbean: 85/105M (4 day)

Baywatch: 24/33M (5 day)

Guardians of the Galaxy: 21M

Alien Covenant: 18M

Everything, Everything: 7M

Snatched: 4M

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: 3.8M

King Arthur: 3.4M

Fate of the Furious: 2M

The Boss Baby: 1.8M

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Pirates - 75m ( 4 day)

Baywatch - 50m ( 5day)

I am over predicting baywatch bcos Rock's movie over perform despite meh tracking.

I feel like Central Intelligence definitely had more going for it with Kevin Hart (opposed to the mostly unreliable Zac Efron) and a funnier marketing campaign. The positive reviews most likely helped that movie whereas I'm expecting Baywatch to get decidedly mediocre reviews that won't encourage anyone on the fence to take the plunge.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

I feel like Central Intelligence definitely had more going for it with Kevin Hart (opposed to the mostly unreliable Zac Efron) and a funnier marketing campaign. The positive reviews most likely helped that movie whereas I'm expecting Baywatch to get decidedly mediocre reviews that won't encourage anyone on the fence to take the plunge.

Could be. But we have seen many Rock movies do better than expected despite meh buzz leading to release. San Andreas is the other movie I can think of that just broke out big beyond expectations.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Pirates - 75m ( 4 day)

Baywatch - 50m ( 5day)

I am over predicting baywatch bcos Rock's movie over perform despite meh tracking.

Why so low for Pirates?

• Like 1