rukaio101

Box Office.com's Top 100 films of All Time (2014 edition)- List Complete! Everyone is Disappointed!

The Dark Knight

Spider-Man 2

Batman Begins

Superman 

X2

Captain America 2

Iron Man 1

GotG 

What other two films are high enough quality to be ahead of Avengers? 

You got at least 6 of those right (I haven't seen CA2 and I kinda cooled off on Begins over the years).

I would add Batman 1966, Batman Returns, The Incredibles, Watchmen for sure; also possibly Unbreakable (have to see it again to be sure), Superman II (Donner's cut), Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and maybe even X-Men First Class. 

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 1

So what's left? Two SW movies, two LOTR movies, TDK, Inception, Jurassic Park, and The Lion King?  I'm missing 2 more, but I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Avatar?  I mean, it feels like something from Cameron should be there.

Maybe Interstellar...

Edited by ZappBrannigan
  • Like 1

I could justify the avengers making it around 90 or so but TWS has no place on this list.

Not enough dick jokes for you in it?  It's miles better than GOTG but then so are about 15-20 other SH movies and about 5 MCU ones.  :P  

Regardless of the my popular tent pole favorite is better than your tent pole favorite whining contest at this point the list is going to be populated by popular blockbuster titles, many of which aren't universally popular so there will be even more whining.

That pattern has been in evidence since we started and while I'm pretty sure most hardcore cinema lists not only would none be in the top 10 or 20 they might not make into the top 500 this is most definitely not that kind of list.

This is a list where Jurassic Park, Avengers, TDK, LOTR and Star Wars are all going to handily come in over Laurence of Arabia, Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Sunset Blvd. 

It is what it is. :lol:

• Like 2

Not enough dick jokes for you in it? It's miles better than GOTG but then so are about 15-20 other SH movies and about 5 MCU ones. :P

Regardless of the my popular tent pole favorite is better than your tent pole favorite whining contest at this point the list is going to be populated by popular blockbuster titles, many of which aren't universally popular so there will be even more whining.

That pattern has been in evidence since we started and while I'm pretty sure most hardcore cinema lists not only would none be in the top 10 or 20 they might not make into the top 500 this is most definitely not that kind of list.

This is a list where Jurassic Park, Avengers, TDK, LOTR and Star Wars are all going to handily come in over Laurence of Arabia, Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Sunset Blvd.

It is what it is. :lol:

Guardians wouldn't have been on my list, Avengers I put on around 90 due to the achievement aspect and to represent MCU.

I don't really want this to be a hardcore cinema list but there comes a point where enough is enough. You can't put Avengers above Raiders in any world.

• Like 1

This is a list where Jurassic Park, Avengers, TDK, LOTR and Star Wars are all going to handily come in over Laurence of Arabia, Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Sunset Blvd. It is what it is. :lol:

I think it shows that a lot of us, myself included need to expand our film base

• Like 2