grim22

Baywatch | May 26 2017 | Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron, Alexandra Daddario, Priyanka Chopra | First Trailer on Page 13

I know this is a completely crazy thought but maybe you should wait and see what it makes at the box office before you bury this film and Paramount with it.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I know this is a completely crazy thought but maybe you should wait and see what it makes at the box office before you bury this film and Paramount with it.

Downright radical.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yeah, same is going on in the Pirates thread, weird. Just wait until it actually comes out people, tracking and trades predictions aren't so bad. They've been wrong before of course but better wait and see.

• Like 1

Dkn't know this film is bad or not, but on priyanka, bollywood stars don't have much sctipt sense.

It is because of change in priorities in what a hollywood movie needs in it's script and what bollywood needs. Also here, writers are not given much importance in the industry.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 4:10 PM, HesAPooka said:

Sucks this is getting torn apart. Expected 40-60% but this is getting worse reviews than dumb and dumber to :(

So then it is really just like the TV SHow....

22 hours ago, baumer said:

The TV show was hopelessly dumb, was laughed at by the critics...(and not in a good way) and it  was not the kind of show people admitted     they watched , but it got huge ratings and stayed on for years.

I am not seeing this, have no interest in seeing it, think it is going to be mind numbingly stupid, but would not be at all surprised if history repeats itself and it's a big box office hit.

It's not like a movie based on "Baywatch" was ever going to be a critic's pet, anyway.....

You have to learn ,if you are going to be any good at box office predictions, to put aside your own tastes and judge a movie based on it's box office potential and audience appeal.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 3:22 PM, Lordmandeep said:

I cant believe people will pay to watch this.

This seems like a movie to play on netflix or streaming with a bunch of guys and girls while drinking and eating to see some sexy abs and breasts at home and not pay attention in the other parts of the film.

I agree, but then I thought the TV show was hopelessly dumb,but it was a huge hit and stayed on for years. No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the general public.

32 minutes ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

15% :sparta:I mean what few TV Spots I've seen of this looked terrible.. Not every TV Sitcom from the Past can be made into Hits..

Baywatch was not  acrappy  sitcom,but a crappy action show.

Bad reviews can hurt some movies, but other movies are critic proof. If there was ever a movie where the reviews won't matter much, it's Baywatch.

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

15% now.

Definitely not the next 21/22 Jump Street quality wise anyway. (85 and 84%). 

But then the original 21 Jump Street TV show was of much higher quality then Baywatch........

• Like 1