grim22

Baywatch | May 26 2017 | Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron, Alexandra Daddario, Priyanka Chopra | First Trailer on Page 13

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Alexandra Daddario is mostly clothed even in the beach scenes in this. Way to understand what made the show so popular in the first place, movie.

Yeah, I will see this at home. Maybe.

I think I said that this was going to be a dud, or that sharing the same weekend with PotC was a bad idea.

Either statement seems to be validated after this weekend's results.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NoobSaibot said:

I think I said that this was going to be a dud, or that sharing the same weekend with PotC was a bad idea.

Either statement seems to be validated after this weekend's results.

No matter where this movie was put, it would bomb, honestly

34 minutes ago, franfar said:

No matter where this movie was put, it would bomb, honestly

Most likely, yes. It's too much like the Dukes of Hazzard movie adaptation that tried to modernize the property for the 21st century.

Basically, Hollywood should know by now that if they're going to adapt a television show into a live-action movie, it's probably not a good idea to change the formula that made it successful.

7 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

Most likely, yes. It's too much like the Dukes of Hazzard movie adaptation that tried to modernize the property for the 21st century.

Basically, Hollywood should know by now that if they're going to adapt a television show into a live-action movie, it's probably not a good idea to change the formula that made it successful.

The Jump Street movies took the same approach that this did (taking a dramatic TV show and turning it into an all-out comedy). The difference being that those movies were actually funny.

• Like 3

• Community Manager
7 hours ago, filmlover said:

The Jump Street movies took the same approach that this did (taking a dramatic TV show and turning it into an all-out comedy). The difference being that those movies were actually funny.

I found Baywatch to be as funny as 21 Jump Street.

• Like 2

This thread demonstrates there will be apologists for literally anything if it's criticized hard enough.

ETA: the marketing budget for this must have been insane. Promos everywhere in Europe.

Edited by Hatebox

It was busy here today in the UK.

I thought it was a missed opportunity.

It wasn't the raunchy R rated film they promised. Take away a few swear words and it's pg13. 

I don't think I laughed out loud properly once. A few smiles though and lots of eye rolls at the lameness.

Did anyone else think it looked really dull? The green screen use was dreadful but the actual shots of the beaches and the water looked like Blackpool here in the U.K. Don't think the director knew what he was doing. 

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Did anyone else think it looked really dull? The green screen use was dreadful but the actual shots of the beaches and the water looked like Blackpool here in the U.K. Don't think the director knew what he was doing. 

Looks like it was the director's first (and possibly last) feature film.