kayumanggi

TUESDAY NUMBERS (10.07.2014) 4.16 M GONE GIRL | 2.67 M ANNABELLE

If it can stick with 20% declines, GotG projects to almost exactly tie SM3. Gonna be tough to hold to that, though. Its per screen numbers aren't all that special anymore and its probably going to start bleeding screens a little faster.

Dollar theaters could help a little but it will still be very hard.

If it can stick with 20% declines, GotG projects to almost exactly tie SM3. Gonna be tough to hold to that, though. Its per screen numbers aren't all that special anymore and its probably going to start bleeding screens a little faster.

You can't forget about double features with Big Hero 6!

Which explains why Sherlock Holmes did so poorly...wait...

...actually, you may well be right, in that the selling point for SH1 was basically "See Tony Stark play Sherlock Holmes." Audiences probably only care about RDJ when he's playing Stark-like sly action heroes. (So he's sort of the Johnny Depp of the 2010s?)

Due Date didn't do too shabbily either, right? 

RDJ will help the movie a lot but ultimately people have to want to see the movie. The reviews aren't that great so I am not expecting it to overperform. $20 million will be a very good OW for a drama with low RT score.

The Judge is gonna bomb this upcoming weekend with Gone Girl's strong hold coming.  Expect only a 15 OW for The Judge.  It has a 37 on Metacritic now.  RDJ is not a box office draw....Tony Stark is the draw.

Does this mean Harrison Ford wasn't a BO draw because of Mosquito Coast?

Those draw discussions make no sense, no actors have a perfect track record, all have flops and big stars are draws when the movie is in line with their star personality ans star screen presence. Subject matter and size of the movie also counts a lot.

Other than that, GO AMAZING AMY, I am in love, hope the movie becomes a water cooler moment and does 200 m dom.

Does this mean Harrison Ford wasn't a BO draw because of Mosquito Coast?

It must be the only movie in which Harrison Ford did look like he played and embodied a character that doesn't resemble Harrison Ford's jaded and rough persona and didn't feel like he was playing his usual self.(Even if Witness didn't make me totally forget about Ford but Peter Weir got something out of Ford in those two movies few directors has even Spielberg, maybe in Regarding Henry but my memories are fuzzy I can't recall it). It was refreshing since Ford is not known to be a chameleon-like method character actor.

Edited by dashrendar44