72 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Thor

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I liked this. It was outrageous and cheesy and illogical at times- outside of the fantasy I mean, for example, why the hell would SHIELD let Thor just leave the base after he assaulted the entire team, just because Skarsgard's character said he was a friend?? :lol: :lol:

I thought it was pretty clear that Coulson didn't believe a word of what he was saying. He had them followed after they left. I think he just wanted them to reveal what they were really up to.
  • Like 1

Middling.I didn't like the CGI look of Asgard at all. Hopefully the Game of Thrones guy will use real locations instead for the sequel.I watched it right after I saw Black Swan, and it was weird watching Nat Portman being terrible and bored, after her great performance in Black Swan.Hemsworth and Hiddleston are both good, but the drama could have been ramped up several more degrees. It never felt epic enough.The act 3 climax was cheap, weak and anticlimactic. Marvel trying to save a few bucks really shows up in the battle at the end.But ultimately it's a watchable, well acted, well cast movie.3/5

I enjoyed this more the 2nd time I saw it, which was after seeing the Avengers. I think my enjoyment of the Avengers really helped with that. I still have it near the lower end of the Marvel films, but I appreciate it more

B

I have to say that the cinematography and some of the special effects were HORRIBLE. Otherwise, the movie was enjoyable, even though Thor seemed like a douche at the beginning. I'm starting to become a Loki supporter...

B-

• Like 1

I have to say that the cinematography and some of the special effects were HORRIBLE. Otherwise, the movie was enjoyable, even though Thor seemed like a douche at the beginning. I'm starting to become a Loki supporter...

B-

Those Dutch Angles.

• Like 1

I saw I rated it a C but I guess I never did a write-up about it. I thought it basically defined mediocre; Hemsworth really saves it as he's very entertaining to watch on-screen and gave it his all.

I remember not liking him, but after my second viewing I liked him much better. All the actors tried but the script just let them down.