CJohn

Maze Runner: The Death Cure | Jan 26 2018 | Final Trailer on Page 18

Financially it is usually a good deal for the studio, because they have 2 movies for the price of 1, maybe a little more expensive but not by much. Hunger Games collected 1,5 billion with the last two installments, there is no way they get that amount of money with one movie. It's the same for Harry Potter and Twilight and probably the same with Infinity War (idk if they made them together or not).

Welp...was about half way through with the movie (and liking it a lot)....theatre and the whole surrounding area loses power- full on blackout for a few blocks in San Diego.  I just stared at the blank screen for about 5 minutes, laughed, and then walked out to a pitch black shopping center/parking lot.  Have been to movie theatres thousands of times and think this is a first.  

Edited by holcs
  • Astonished 3

This movie kicked all kinds of ass

surprisingly emotional 

if the 62m budget is real then that is a Huge achievement 

better series overall than Hunger Games imo 

teally deserves to be doing better than it is 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, John Marston said:

This movie kicked all kinds of ass

surprisingly emotional 

if the 62m budget is real then that is a Huge achievement 

better series overall than Hunger Games imo 

teally deserves to be doing better than it is 

IMO it's better than Catching Fire. If the last 2 hunger game's movies were on par with CF I'd say HG would have been the better series. 

But as it stands, MR series has on end pretty good, one decent, and one amazing entry. MR > HG

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

IMO it's better than Catching Fire. If the last 2 hunger game's movies were on par with CF I'd say HG would have been the better series. 

But as it stands, MR series has on end pretty good, one decent, and one amazing entry. MR > HG

I like the series a lot too, but it's too bad Maze Runner wasn't able to really break out like the Hunger Game films. I'm still shocked at the box office grosses of the first two Hunger Game films, especially the fact that they outgrossed every Potter film domestically.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2018 at 3:45 AM, holcs said:

Welp...was about half way through with the movie (and liking it a lot)....theatre and the whole surrounding area loses power- full on blackout for a few blocks in San Diego.  I just stared at the blank screen for about 5 minutes, laughed, and then walked out to a pitch black shopping center/parking lot.  Have been to movie theatres thousands of times and think this is a first.  

Happened to me during Dawn of the Planet of the Apes in 2014. It was my third viewing anyway. I used the refund for something else the next week.

• Like 1

If you followed this franchise all the way from the beginning, there's no way you didn't get a tear in your eye a couple times in this movie :). 

It's just odd that only the first movie was actually about a maze. It's been a guerrilla war franchise ever since. 

Edited by OdinSon2k14
  • Like 1

Maze Runner (7/10), Maze Runner: Scorch Trials (7/10), Maze Runner: The Death Cure (7/10). It has been a really enjoyable and consistent franchise. Overall I think the first one is the best. 

Hunger Games (8/10), Catching Fire (9/10), Mocking-Jay 1 (5/10), Mocking-Jay 2 (6/10)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, John Marston said:

one unsung hero of this series is John Paesano

I hope, like Wes Ball, this franchise allows him to get bigger blockbusters to work on 

The scores have consistently surprised me, and I like how Ball has said he sees the music and sound like it's own character in the films.

Paesano's work here has been great, especially with the above track; it really feels so incredibly hopeful with a hint of loss and sadness at the same time

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

What’s the likelihood of passing 60m?

had some nasty falls thanks to theater loss and Black Panther opening but I’m hoping it can crawl over the mark 

Unlikely, but WW it's gonna do 275+ so solid anyways

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Is Will Poulter really the person who should be telling people to vote, given that he's not eligible to vote? It's not his country and he doesnt live there so it doesn't even affect him.