CJohn

Maze Runner: The Death Cure | Jan 26 2018 | Final Trailer on Page 18

11 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

It will be lucky to hit 45mil domestic. It should do okay overseas though.

Not sure about this. Even big franchises like Apes and Transformers are suffering to maintain popularity OS, let alone a YA franchise that already had its peak with the first movie. LA never cared about this franchise, Europe is going down to almost every franchise out there, only Asia could save it. For now, it is looking like an Alien: Covenant situation to me, around $150m-$160m OS, with DOM coming even lower. Really curious to see what’s the budget. 

3 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Not sure about this. Even big franchises like Apes and Transformers are suffering to maintain popularity OS, let alone a YA franchise that already had its peak with the first movie. LA never cared about this franchise, Europe is going down to almost every franchise out there, only Asia could save it. For now, it is looking like an Alien: Covenant situation to me, around $150m-$160m OS, with DOM coming even lower. Really curious to see what’s the budget. 

so it will break even like Alien Covenant? 

unlike AC, this is not setting up sequels 

• Like 3

I'm glad this movie is getting released. I'm glad it's not being split in 2 parts. I'm glad the main actor is doing fine ( guy almost died during the production ). I'm glad we'll be getting the ending. I'm glad the action scenes look like well filmed ( based on the trailer ). 

I'll be glad even if it flops or even underperforms. This is meant to conclude the series. So, we'll get our ending. Complaing about this movie, will lead you nowhere. :)

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, John Marston said:

so it will break even like Alien Covenant? 

unlike AC, this is not setting up sequels 

Let’s wait for the budget before supposing if it will end generating profits or not. And Fox is so happy about Alien’s numbers that is already announcing plans for the future of the franchise... Oh, wait.

5 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Let’s wait for the budget before supposing if it will end generating profits or not. And Fox is so happy about Alien’s numbers that is already announcing plans for the future of the franchise... Oh, wait.

why are you comparing it to the Alien series in the first place? 

32 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I'm glad this movie is getting released. I'm glad it's not being split in 2 parts. I'm glad the main actor is doing fine ( guy almost died during the production ). I'm glad we'll be getting the ending. I'm glad the action scenes look like well filmed ( based on the trailer ). 

I'll be glad even if it flops or even underperforms. This is meant to conclude the series. So, we'll get our ending. Complaing about this movie, will lead you nowhere. :)

don't know why some people seem to be shocked at this movie's existence, or are gleefuly talking about it flopping

this franchise already has been a big success. The first movie made ten times its budget and the second five times its budget, This was from theaters alone. The third film will likely be profitable or at least break even. And it is the last movie. It isn't setting up sequels or a cinematic universe. And this isn't a huge franchise that Fox is counting on to keep them afloat. Then the movies will continue making money from trilogy box sets and constant TV airings

financially. this series did what it was supposed to do. There is nothing really negative to be spun 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 3