Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

29 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I don't know if this has been discussed but I'm sensing this sort of  backlash surrounding the film. I wonder how it will age as a BP winner. 

i think the backlash will wash over pretty soon after the oscars. it might not be canonized by the film bros or academics but i'm sure among certain demographics it'll be highly regarded. like it'll be listed as a favourite film on a lot of dating profiles.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

i think the initial announcement was production next month, but idk. heard nothing about it beyond chazelle and gosling's involvement.

They haven't even begun casting yet so it's unlikely to begin shooting in March like they said when it was announced. More likely they'll shoot in the summer which will probably be too late for a year end release, so Universal might save it for the end of 2018 or maybe even put it in the summer as a counterprogramming move.

1 hour ago, ban1o said:

I don't know if this has been discussed but I'm sensing this sort of  backlash surrounding the film. I wonder how it will age as a BP winner. 

Just check out the last couple of pages, some hilarious links in them.

One of my favorite films ever if another rewatch down the line holds up.

In terms of favorite films, this group's Trump voters said "La La Land" was their pick to win Best Picture (26 percent) followed by "Hacksaw Ridge" (21 percent). The Clinton voters picked "Hidden Figures" (27 percent) followed by "La La Land" (20 percent).

https://www.moviefone.com/2017/02/23/oscars-2017-poll-trump-clinton-voters-feel-speeches/

:wintf:

Also, @filmlover

• Like 1

No doubt it was a good movie but I can understand the criticism that Stone will probably win an Oscar for a musical and she can't dance or sing.  That goes for the film too. This is a situation were a film is going to be awarded because it makes you feel good, not necessarily because it is stellar filmmaking.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Good thing La La Land did not win, was a very good but vanilla film. 

La La wasn't Goodfellas or Pulp Fiction, but it was better than Moonlight, by a long shot.

Those films didn't win either, so La La is in good company. 

Edited by SteveJaros

11 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Good thing La La Land did not win, was a very good but vanilla film. 

Actually after thinking about it, now that it didn't win it will probably go down to be considered one of the greatest films in history. The best films almost never win.

4 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

La La wasn't Goodfellas or Pulp Fiction, but it was better than Moonlighting, by a long shot.

Those films didn't win either, so La La is in good company. 

Moonlighting is far better than La La Land, Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepard have far better chemistry than Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone.

• Like 5