Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Ah cool. Very nice to hear. Saw the trailer with Moonlight and thought it looked really good. 

Check out the Fences thread on here if you want to see a sample of the reaction.  It likely has Best Actor, Supporting Actress, and Best Adapted Screenplay wrapped up.  It will be right there for Best Director and Best Picture.  

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

For the record, it is a fantastic movie.  Going to be neck and neck with FENCES for Best Picture.  

Fences is neck and neck for Best Picture? I thought people wrote it off as an acting showcase.

Edited by cannastop

8 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Fences is neck and neck for Best Picture? I thought people wrote it off as an acting showcase.

It is a lot more than that judging by people who have seen it and reactions last night.  They weren't random reactions either, it was a lot of critics and similar at the screening.  

36 minutes ago, cannastop said:

This a Pulitzer Prize winning play that won a Tony for Best Play then another decades later for Best Revival of Play (starring Denzel and Viola).  The material has always been award winning caliber so why it be different for The Oscars unless Denzel completely botched the direction which by reports he has definitely not.

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

This a Pulitzer Prize winning play that won a Tony for Best Play then another decades later for Best Revival of Play (starring Denzel and Viola).  The material has always been award winning caliber so why it be different for The Oscars unless Denzel completely botched the direction which by reports he has definitely not.

I dunno. Maybe there's bias against play adaptions. Doubt and Rabbit Hole didn't get Best Picture nominations.

3 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

You know what else would been nominated?

Dark Knight

Pretty sure The Dark Knight/Doubt/Vicky Cristina Barcelona/WALL-E/The Wrestler would've been the other half of the nominees that year.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

I'd like to imagine MrPink was throwing his plate of chicken nuggets at his mother on that cold January 2009 morning.

I was a Freshman in college. I woke up in my bunk, checked my phone, and then curled up into fetal.

Just now, filmlover said:

Nolan getting snubbed again two years later probably didn't make it much better.

I was happy Inception got a Best Pic nom, but yeah, a little peeved about the lack of director nomination.