Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

It will be likely this film hits $100 million before it evens wins the Oscar BP. You all seem to forget the "From the Director of WHIPLASH" attached to it, which is enough for most people to check this film - plus of course, the goodwill from critics. This will be huge, I don't even know why we doubt it!

5 hours ago, laudemhirjan said:

It will be likely this film hits $100 million before it evens wins the Oscar BP. You all seem to forget the "From the Director of WHIPLASH" attached to it, which is enough for most people to check this film - plus of course, the goodwill from critics. This will be huge, I don't even know why we doubt it!

Uh, almost no one saw Whiplash.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Uh, almost no one saw Whiplash.

It may not have done much in theaters but it's definitely found a very strong following on DVD (the "were you rushing or were you dragging?" quote has become a popular catchphrase). I imagine plenty will be interested in seeing what the director does next, especially as he's staying in his musical comfort zone.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Actually had a dream a couple nights ago in which I was dating Emma Stone from this movie. I definitely watched that last trailer a few too many times. 

She is so pretty in this. :wub: Probably the best she's ever looked, and that's saying something.

• Like 4

On 11/8/2016 at 6:42 PM, laudemhirjan said:

Yes,because Whiplash was such a massive hit, so big in fact that it grossed a whopping 13 million dollars. 

It just doesn't look all that interesting.  It's a musical about Hollywood, not a recipe for success imo.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Baumer liked Blair Witch said:

Yes,because Whiplash was such a massive hit, so big in fact that it grossed a whopping 13 million dollars. 

It just doesn't look all that interesting.  It's a musical about Hollywood, not a recipe for success imo.  

More I think about this, the more I agree. Other well known musicals have failed to hit $100M DOM. This one's an unknown. Unlike Les Miserables, Chicago, etc. 

Should do much better than Whiplash though. Much better.

• Like 1

On 11 novembre 2016 at 6:03 AM, filmlover said:

This is gonna so much bank now, especially as a feel good Best Picture frontrunner. Everyone's gonna be seeking an escape from the hard, taxing reality we face.

Yeah, Samsung Galaxy 7 being recalled worlwide.

Our generation is truly doomed.

We need some escapism from these hardships.