Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

But that s the thing, this movie has little to do with the musicals that normally make bank.

Also, Not eveyone has the same definition of what is "charming" and what is not.

This feels very precious to me I don't know.

Also, what Chris Rock said about Cold Mountain applies.

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

But that s the thing, this movie has little to do with the musicals that normally make bank.

Also, Not eveyone has the same definition of what is "charming" and what is not.

This feels very precious to me I don't know.

Also, what Chris Rock said about Cold Mountain applies.

Aren't you too busy camping outside the theater for Passengers anyway?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

And why would teenage girls be uninterested in LLL? Obviously it wouldn't be for every girl out there, but it's a romantic musical about having dreams, looks to be highly gif-able and has Emma Stone wearing a succession of pretty, colorful dresses...or by teen audience, does that really mean "boys"?

I'm sure there are some teenage girls who will go to see Ryan Gosling.

Will any boys go to see Emma Stone?  No.

Literally the last musical to win the Best Picture Oscar flew over 150 million and adjusts to 243 million dollars. LOL @ arguments that "there's no way an Oscar movie musical makes that much money!" People on here's war against critics and awards is too fucking much, man. It's making this site unbearable at times.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Literally the last musical to win the Best Picture Oscar flew over 150 million and adjusts to 243 million dollars. LOL @ arguments that "there's no way an Oscar movie musical makes that much money!" People on here's war against critics and awards is too fucking much, man. It's making this site unbearable at times.

It's all about stanning for their favorites, I guess

This honestly has all of the ingredients to become a pop culture/zeitgeist film the same way Juno did. Once everyone else here has actually seen it, they'll understand.

• Like 1

14 years ago is a long time & La La Land doesn't have the bombastic,flashy elements of Chicago I am sorry.

Maybe after La La Land, millennials will search for Jacques Demy in their Netflix, who knows ?

And Yes, non sci-fi-CGI Animation-genre movies that do more than 120m is super rarefied air circa mid 2010's.

La La Land has a lot going for it, but we ll see how far it can convince the Joes & Janes of the world that had a blast with Deadpool.

I love that the movie hasn't even opened in limited release yet and already some people are trying to make a backlash happen (to the point where someone uses "boys won't see it because Emma Stone is too skinny" as an excuse like wut). Stay pressed, sweeties.

Edited by filmlover

Just now, filmlover said:

I love that the movie hasn't even opened in limited release yet and already some people are trying to make a backlash happen (to the point where someone uses "boys won't see it because Emma Stone is too skinny" as an excuse). Stay pressed, sweeties.

Bitch, you said that first.

38 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Because she's anorexic, right?

Where's the Amazing Amy from Gone Girl when you really need her?

*sassy gif*

21 hours ago, Gumby said:

Isn't that where the film would perform strongest anyhow?

I'm sure the LA and NY crowds will love it, but will Middle America want to watch emaciated Emma Stone singing?

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Bitch, you said that first.

*sassy gif*

Yeah, that.