Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

So, will La La Land break into this top 10?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/theateravg.htm?page=THTRAVOPN&p=.htm

TOP WEEKEND THEATER AVERAGES
1982-Present

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Average Theaters Opening* Total Gross^ Date**
1 The Lion King BV $793,377 2 $1,586,753 $312,855,561 6/17/94
2 Pocahontas BV $448,285 6 $2,689,714 $141,579,773 6/16/95
3 The Princess and the Frog BV $393,095 2 $786,190 $104,400,899 11/27/09
4 Toy Story 2 BV $300,163 1 $300,163 $245,852,179 11/19/99
5 A Bug's Life BV $291,121 1 $291,121 $162,798,565 11/20/98
6 Hercules BV $249,567 1 $249,567 $99,112,101 6/13/97
7 Frozen BV $243,390 1 $243,390 $400,738,009 11/22/13
8 Red State SMod $204,230 1 $204,230 $1,104,682 3/04/11
9 The Grand Budapest Hotel FoxS $202,792 4 $811,166 $59,301,324 3/07/14
10 Atlantis: The Lost Empire BV $164,505 2 $329,011 $84,056,472 6/08/01

Honestly I'm just rooting for $100k. Anything above would be beyond terrific.

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The story might bore them but they might be entertained by all the colors and beautiful cinematography lol.

ok there's nothing inappropriate right?  Just bad words? I'm  thinking of taking my niece to see it next week. She's already seen Moana..

Edited by ban1o

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Is it just damns and shits?

Basically, yeah.

2 minutes ago, ban1o said:

mmm i'm thinking this will most likely win BP. I can't think of anything else that will topple it. Moonlight is also doing very well at the critics awards but that's not the sort of film the academy will take too. 

This would be a very worthy Best Picture winner. As I said earlier, people will still be talking about this movie a few decades from now.

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This would be a very worthy Best Picture winner. As I said earlier, people will still be talking about this movie a few decades from now.

lol  I think it looks good I think just from what I've seen it just almost looks like it's trying so hard to be "charming" and "old school" that for some reason its kind of  putting me off. t's weird cuz I was love musicals lol. I'll see what I think next week. 

5 hours ago, yjs said:

having seen this I thank god Miles Teller-Emma Watson didn't happen. It would have set the entirely different, much less pleasant tone. 

I really question the initial idea of hiring Miles Teller for a musical role like this, where one of the main factors (or biggest really) is that viewers need to connect with the characters through main leads' chemistry and likability 

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Indeed. It really doesn't get much better than Stone + Gosling.

They really have sizzling chemistry. I've been a fan since Crazy Stupid Love. Heck, I endured Gangster Squad and Sean Penn for them lol. 

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

Just now, Sam said:

I really question the initial idea of hiring Miles Teller for a musical role like this, where the one of the main factor (or biggest really) is that viewers need to connect with the characters through main leads' chemistry and likability 

They really have sizzling chemistry. I've been a fan since Crazy Stupid Love. Heck, I endured Gangster Squad and Sean Penn for them lol. 

lol Gangster Squad. To this day, I still have no clue what accent Gosling was going for there.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol Gangster Squad. To this day, I still have no clue what accent Gosling was going for there.

That too lol, maybe he knew it'll be shit anyway so he just went ham for the fun of it. 

I was really looking forward to the movie. Except Sean Penn, it starred a bunch of my favorites: Gosling, Stone, Pena, Brolin, Mackie...and I was also interested in having a noir crime thriller (we don't have much of it anymore in recent years). But well....

2 minutes ago, laudemhirjan said:

The soundtrack is available now, Another Day of Sun and Someone in the Crowd is slaying me. By February, when it is screened here, I think I memorized these songs already lmao!

That number (the opening scene) is so going to become a favorite among cinephiles.