grim22

The Box Office Mojo issues thread. Brad Brevet is the new editor, the Simanton reign is over.

Thinking about this and the link above, isnt this how IMDB killed the BOX OFFICE MOJO Movie Forum....by just saying that they were doing maintenance until days later they posted the permanent message, that BOM users should use the IMDM Movie Forum????

Shutting down the forum was one thing.  Yes, lots of people lost tons of stuff without warning, but we recouped and are better off now(minus the derby players, right)?

But we are talking about a site that has years and years of historical data for a $10B/year industry.  There's no way they just shut it down.  Right?

• Like 4

That s what you get for looking at the nude leaks all September.

Poetic Justice.

Than I want atleast the same paycheck as those actrice get... I could live with it if I had 50M on my bank

So for the shutdown of BOM I want 50 milion

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1

Fuck imdb, closing the BOM forums was one thing, but if they actually shut down mojo, then they're one of the internet's biggest colostomy bags along with their awful forums

I wouldn't mind them integrating Mojo into IMDB, but they need to port over the entire database, keep it free and make the layout intuitive as opposed to the horrible IMDB layout.

• Like 1

Just remembering when IMDB redesigned their credit/filmography pages on two separate occasions. The contributors' forum went insane on both occasions. First time they walked it back quickly, second time they allowed members to opt out of parts of it (though eventually they took away the legacy versions of the movie pages, except for Combined Details; thankfully, they haven't taken away the ability to view the old filmography style, and that was quite a few years ago).

Oh, and I just recall when they rolled the Help board into GetSatisfaction, and dragged their feet on explaining that, no, the Contributors Help board was NOT also going to be shut down and replaced by GetSatisfaction. They could have averted the shitstorm by just telling everyone quickly, but they were eerily silent for a bit, even though the truth ended up being contrary to the rumors.

So yes, I can believe that IMDB would change something without notice, and/or take too long to come forward and explain themselves before the rumors and accusations start flying.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2

This will be a huge loss if Mojo is gone for ever. There is no substitute for Mojo's huge database. My guess is that IMDB will absorb the database into their pay site.  Now boxoffice.com needs to up its game.

Edited by TLK
  • Like 5

Boxoffice.com is also a paysite so I don't expect them to create a database and give it up for free but there are things like release schedule that should be freely available. Mojo was an invaluable resource with its content.

Edited by TLK
  • Like 2