grim22

The Box Office Mojo issues thread. Brad Brevet is the new editor, the Simanton reign is over.

Ray wasn't the best but at least he kept the charts updated and could actually write a decent article. All in all he did a good job continuing Brandon's way of operating, I thought.

Btw what the fuck happened to Brandon Gray? Is he working for some studio somewhere too?

Lol. They majorly fucked up. In the Year to date comparison. They don't even have Avengers listed in 2015 so it looks like all the other years are ahead of this year.

It's still there, but for whatever reason it's been reduced by $400m. Where this one has come from though, I have no idea. AOU is not listed at all in the most recent week, so it's probably not some faulty data entry.

It's faulty data entry. They fucked up and forgot to type in the 4 at the beginning of the current total. They list it as $57m instead of $457m. Come on, Keith...

This also happened with Paul Blart 2 a couple weeks ago, it was listed at $20m instead of $70m.

It will probably be fixed when the weekend actuals come in, but this ideally, this shit would be fixed within 24 hours...before the dark times, before the Simanton.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Anyone have a catalogue of errors? They still have a lot of good accurate data, would be a pity for it to be plagued with inaccuracies from this day forward. 

I know telling them their errors does not help them change it, they just ignore you, but at least, if it ever regains its stature we could help submit what's been wrong.

It seems we have users here making fun of them every time they fuck up, so people are noticing. We just need them to notice in an easier place to take note.

Awesome! I was sad to see his website go but now I can read his articles again!

Yeah. I didn't always agree with his reviews and opinions, but he always came across as rational and well-researched. 

Considering Brevet's hate for superhero flicks though, expect a whole lotta sauciness in the BO reports Deadpool onwards. :P

• Like 1