CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

2 hours ago, cax16 said:

Well I mean you could be right but that’s not what the article says. Says an announcement is coming in the summer. Wether that’s true or not only time wil tell. 

I have no clue what Macleods problem is. Of course a Superman sequel is happening. They have been talking to directors, Cavill said at his Ace Comic Con appearance its in the works too. Warner knows this is one of the most anticipated DCU Movies fans want also. 

A SDCC announcement is perfect like that article mentions above. It would make perfect sense to announce it at such a big event for all things comic book stuff and entertainment stuff. 

• Like 2

I really hope their is a Man of Steel Sequel, only if it's not at all like MoS expect Cavill still playing him though.

So my guess for lineup is:

Aquaman Dec 2018

Shazam April 2019

Suicide Squad 2 August 2019

Wonder Woman 2 November 2019

The Batman July 2020

Man of Steel 2 Nov 2020

22 minutes ago, Kalo said:

I really hope their is a Man of Steel Sequel, only if it's not at all like MoS expect Cavill still playing him though.

So my guess for lineup is:

Aquaman Dec 2018

Shazam April 2019

Suicide Squad 2 August 2019

Wonder Woman 2 November 2019

The Batman July 2020

Man of Steel 2 Nov 2020

Flashpoint Feb 2020. And it looks like that GL Corps movie will have to be pushed to 2021. Wonder where the other DC movies will fit into the schedule such as JL Dark, Nightwing, Batgirl, Birds of Prey, Cyborg, Deathstroke etc...

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

Flashpoint Feb 2020. And it looks like that GL Corps movie will have to be pushed to 2021. Wonder where the other DC movies will fit into the schedule such as JL Dark, Nightwing, Batgirl, Birds of Prey, Cyborg, Deathstroke etc...

I doubt most of those are happening.

Hard to say, I have a feeling some of them may never get made, not in this DCEU anyways. I really want to see a good Bat-Girl and Knightwing movie though.

They can probably do all those non major hero characters in small budgets which focuses more on story with very little mentions if any at all to the larger characters or their worlds in their movie. Nightwing, Batgirl, Deathstroke, Birds of Prey, Dark Universe, Black Adam can all be done on a small budget of <100M.

Edited by DMan7

They can probably do all those non major hero characters in small budgets which focuses more on story with very little mentions if any at all to the larger characters of their worlds in their movie. Nightwing, Batgirl, Deathstroke, Birds of Prey, Dark Universe, Black Adam can all be done on a small budget of <100M.

Yeah, but still, some are redundant. Why have BoP, Batgirl and Sirens? At least one's gotta give. Is Slade getting a movie and being the main antagonist in one of Batman's? Would he be the bad guy in Dick's? There's no way the TV show won't establish him as a Titans bad guy. Black Adam would probably be folded into Shazam 2 if the first one is a hit. 

11 minutes ago, Kraken said:

Yeah, but still, some are redundant. Why have BoP, Batgirl and Sirens? At least one's gotta give. Is Slade getting a movie and being the main antagonist in one of Batman's? Would he be the bad guy in Dick's? There's no way the TV show won't establish him as a Titans bad guy. Black Adam would probably be folded into Shazam 2 if the first one is a hit. 

Yea I wouldn't have done either of those movies. I would've rolled Batgirl, Birds of Prey and GCS into one movie with the BoP going up against the GCS as part of the story. An all female group comic book movie is a unique aspect so they can give that a chance. I wouldn't have done either Deathstroke or Black Adam as I believe the backstories for those 2 characters can be told very easily and with enough weight in a Batman solo and Shazam solo if those characters are the primary villains of those movie's stories. Also I probably wouldn't have done Nightwing either as his backstory can also be told in a Batman solo but a case can be made for him being a standalone hero protecting his own city of Blood Haven. I would've actually preferred if that Nightwing movie was a Teen Titans movie instead with him as the leader.

Edited by DMan7

5 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Yea I wouldn't have done either of those movies. I would've rolled Batgirl, Birds of Prey and GCS into one movie with the BoP going up against the GCS as part of the story. An all female group comic book movie is a unique aspect so they can give that a chance. I wouldn't have done either Deathstroke or Black Adam as I believe the backstories for those 2 characters can be told very easily and with enough weight in a Batman solo and Shazam solo if those characters are the primary villains of those movie's stories. Also I probably wouldn't have done Nightwing either as his backstory can also be told in a Batman solo but a case can be made for him being a standalone hero protecting his own city of Blood Haven. I would've actually preferred if that Nightwing movie was a Teen Titans movie instead with him as the leader.

Agreed. Regarding Dick, I love him but what sets him apart from Bruce is the Titans and the shared universe aspect as a whole. Without it the GA will see him as a budget Batman.

9 hours ago, DMan7 said:

Weirdly that “for real” slate the site behind the Superman/Shazam Rumor reported didn’t have Batgirl on it. Maybe JL cooled WB’s appetite for Whedon?

9 hours ago, Kalo said:

Hard to say, I have a feeling some of them may never get made, not in this DCEU anyways. I really want to see a good Bat-Girl and Knightwing movie though.

Knowing how reactive they are, what will they fast track after BLACK PANTHER drops? 

Some DC fans seem reluctant to accept the reality that the DCEU is in trouble, and except for the huge success of Wondy, would probably be in total reboot mode.

Too late for a reboot, Aquaman is already done filming and Shazam is getting ready to film. Wonder Woman 2 is in the script writing phase too.
Just make better films.

• Like 1