CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

Don´t care that much about Superman, also don´t know much about the lore of the character 

Still, the vibe of the set pictures feels like if Gunn travel back to 2002 and is making a real movie, like SM and XMen 

• Like 8
  • Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Don´t care that much about Superman, also don´t know much about the lore of the character 

Still, the vibe of the set pictures feels like if Gunn travel back to 2002 and is making a real movie, like SM and XMen 

Bingo. That is what it feels like. It feels like a production.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dudalb said:

If you mean the Timmverse "Superman;TAS" that is not a bad thing.I could argue that is the best written screen/TV version of Superman ever.

And as for the Darker Superman, we tried that a little with Snyder,  who made Supes into a clone of Dr. Manhatten in :Watchmen"and it failed. You want to change Supes to the point where he is no longer Supes. Making him into a Dr Manhatten in "Watchmen" clone will not work.

Just be honest and admit you just do not like Superman.

You all are putting words in my mouth. Going in a different direction with the character or aesthetic doesn't automatically mean you need to do a dark/gritty Snyderverse inspired Superman.

On 6/25/2024 at 11:28 PM, Porthos said:

If you're going to compare/contrast MoS, at least use set report photos:

d2f510c11d56d5922e79058a2de3662e.jpg

How is the above appreciably different from this:

GQ4QiC2XgAAposg?format=jpg&name=medium

The costume itself that is.

Cavill (in MoS) - 9/10 (-1p. because of the colors, but he could have looked perfect in the Black Adam variant. shame he was there only for 14 seconds)

Corenswet - 4/10 (I don't like \uperman logo from Kindom Come, don't like the colar (how he would hide the suit under the shirt?), the MCU lines on the costume and overall it looks 1-2 sizes too big for Corenswet (why he worked out so hard for months if they hide it anyway?), it doesn't look alienish at all, the red trunks are not trunks (more like a shorts), and what's the worst - I don't see Superman in David's face. Reeve WAS SUPERMAN, Cavill WAS SUPERMAN, even Routh looked the part, but Corenswet (just like Hoechlin to me) doesn't fit into the part.

Edited by Juby
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 5
  • Knock It Off 1

24 minutes ago, Juby said:

Cavill (in MoS) - 9/10 (-1p. because of the colors, but he could have looked perfect in the Black Adam variant. shame he was there only for 14 seconds)

Corenswet - 4/10 (I don't like \uperman logo from Kindom Come, don't like the colar (how he would hide the suit under the shirt?), the MCU lines on the costume and overall it looks 1-2 sizes too big for Corenswet (why he worked out so hard for months if they hide it anyway?), it doesn't look alienish at all, the red trunks are not trunks (more like a shorts), and what's the worst - I don't see Superman in David's face. Reeve WAS SUPERMAN, Cavill WAS SUPERMAN, even Routh looked the part, but Corenswet (just like Hoechlin to me) doesn't fit into the part.

I'm sure after cg polishing it's gonna look much, much tighter. Working out... Well, you can't really play these roles without posting pictures of yourself after you've gained 7-8kg of muscle. But all these costumes include muscle suits for definition and posture anyway. I think only Rock's Black Adam didn't really have one and at times he looked like a potato or a bag of flour or something.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Veclozy said:

It seems like we're in the "look how many likes this post got, it's gonna be huge" part of the DC movie cycle

Nah, but it is important that the film builds positive goodwill. This seems to be achieving that with the general public (nothing will appease THOSE fans)

3 hours ago, Juby said:

He would hide the collar because he wears a suit/collared shirts.

Also, it's not supposed to look alienish. What a weird critique.

Hoechlin is honestly probably the best live action Superman we've seen since Reeve.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Nah, but it is important that the film builds positive goodwill. This seems to be achieving that with the general public (nothing will appease THOSE fans)

Hoechlin is honestly probably the best live action Superman we've seen since Reeve.

be careful using social media likes as evidence of hype. The Flash got loads of engagement (especially James Gunn tweets praising the film and stuff related to Keaton) and was still a massive bomb 

23 minutes ago, John Marston said:

be careful using social media likes as evidence of hype. The Flash got loads of engagement (especially James Gunn tweets praising the film and stuff related to Keaton) and was still a massive bomb 

I specifically am not using it as evidence of hype. I'm only using as evidence of the movie building goodwill before they start releasing trailers/advertising.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

Some people are just not happy unless they can hace every little thing their own way.

Getting obssesed over some pretty minor details about costumes is a prime example of this.

If the rest of the flm is good, no one but a few obssesed fans will care about the exact looks of the suit.

And I repeat, the Cavill/Snyder fanboys have always hated this movie.

Edited by dudalb

56 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Some people are just not happy unless they can hace every little thing their own way.

Getting obssesed over some pretty minor details about costumes is a prime example of this.

If the rest of the flm is good, no one but a few obssesed fans will care about the exact looks of the suit.

And I repeat, the Cavill/Snyder fanboys have always hated this movie.

Also, the suits will be edited in post-production, right? Even the suits of the supposedly villain looks loose. I think they're built that way for comfort so that the actors could move well. Cavill's suit, though it looked good, gave him a little bit of a hard time moving. I saw one video of him in costume, moving, and he was stiff as hell. In retrospect, I've realized Snyder had opted for that style since it wouldn't really be an issue since most of Cavill's scenes in costume where those superfast fight scenes.

• Like 2

And those of us of a certain age will have problems with the whole "Cavill was Superman" line.

Last time I looked, CHris Reeve had a huge sucess as Supes, and was the mental image of Supes for a couple of generations. No tknocking Cavill, who was fine as Superman, but to act like he should have a monopoly on the part is dumb.

• Thanks 1

I have to say these photos are getting me more interested in this when I was a lot more pessimistic days ago. Everything just really pops. I don’t think it’ll be Barbie-level like someone said, but I do think it has a whole lot more potential than I previously thought.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Speedorito said:

I don’t think it’ll be Barbie-level like someone said, but I do think it has a whole lot more potential than I previously thought.

If this does half as much as Barbie did, that'll be a pretty good result and start for the new DC Universe.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 2:50 PM, Spidey Freak said:

If this hits 700M WW then kudos to My Adventures With Superman for making Gen Z fall in love with the character

Clark Kent Superman GIF by Adult Swim

I do love me some AO3 Superman

• Like 1