CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Yes. I think he appears in Shazam 2 or possibly Shazam 2 becomes Shazam and Superman vs Black Adam and then JJ does his reboot magic on Superman. Get him out as soon as the reboot is done and don't allow him to make a sequel, hand it to a different director.

giphy.gif

Edited by cdsacken

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

"possibly Shazam 2 becomes Shazam and Superman vs Black Adam "

I doubt it, it looks more like Shazam 3, I think Black Adam vs. Shazam will only happen in the 3rd Shazam film (or Black Adam 1.5), after Shazam 2 and  Black Adam movies.

I think Superman will appear in Shazam 2. (but not black Adam, unless it’s an end/post credits scene).

Edited by Marcos12

I doubt that he will be in Shazam 2, but a cameo is not impossible. The Rock himself said that he would like to see Superman in Shazam's sequel. Shazam 3 will possibly be him and Billy as the leading roles vs Black Adam. 

D5x7iTcWsAIIFnb?format=jpg&name=large

They mention Aquaman 2 as a possibility. Wan may bring back the original plot for the first film with him and Batman saving Sydney from a invasion.

Edited by belblazer

But we have to wait this pandemic situation to see how the DC films calendar will look like. Some films will move and some movies planned to take place by 2023 will get a new date.

Man of Steel 2 will be release on the same year as New Gods and one sequel, I believe.

2022: Flash, Shazam 2 and Black Adam/Aquaman 2 (I really think that BA will move from December 2021 to 2022 but let's see).

2023: Man of Steel 2, New Gods, Aquaman 2/Supergirl.

This gives any current director freedom to use Superman as a supporting character for now(if it fits the storey). So Shazam, flash, black Adam, anywhere really. 

I think he’ll get a sequel eventually.

The reactions online are overwhelming positive, almost everyone likes cavill in the role and wants to see him back. 

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

hopefully it’s more then this. 

I think the positive reactions to the news will help with that. 

A new one will happen, just a matter of time. It's a step by step thing to get there now.

• Like 1

Overwhelming reactions on social media. He's on TT right now just with these news.

The thing about his sequel is that everything with him bombed since 2006, and everything included him as the main character. It's a pretty difficult character to work with and he of course doesn't deserve to be known as a box office poison. WB are definitely not worried about a new solo movie right now.

They are doing the right thing putting him in two or three films before his sequel. A huge director with creative freedom is what he deserves.

2 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Baby steps to get another Superman movie but I'll take anything at this point. Might be also more a scheduling thing with Cavill now too.

Particulary with Cavill being rumored to be one of the top candidates to be the next James Bond .....

Cavill could very well have iconic lead charecters going at the same time.

36 minutes ago, belblazer said:

Overwhelming reactions on social media. He's on TT right now just with these news.

The thing about his sequel is that everything with him bombed since 2006, and everything included him as the main character. It's a pretty difficult character to work with and he of course doesn't deserve to be known as a box office poison. WB are definitely not worried about a new solo movie right now.

They are doing the right thing putting him in two or three films before his sequel. A huge director with creative freedom is what he deserves.

Where do you get this MOS was a bomb shit?

It was a  profitible film  Problem was it did not do "Dark Knight" numbers which was what Warners was expecting.

You are entitled to your own opinions but not to your own facts and calling MOS a box office failure is just plain wrong.

I can't see him coming back as Supes except in a leading role.

I doubt DC is going to let any director have carte blanche with Superman after what happened with Snyder.  The "Lets' let a dicector have total freedom with Superman" has not worked out all the well for DC. I think any director's ideas for  Superman movie will have to fit in with what DC has in mind for the charecter.

Edited by dudalb

59 minutes ago, grim22 said:

A new one will happen, just a matter of time. It's a step by step thing to get there now.

I repeat, Cavill migh well be cautiious about long term contracts until he sees how the chances of him taking up the 007 mantle goes.

43 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I repeat, Cavill migh well be cautiious about long term contracts until he sees how the chances of him taking up the 007 mantle goes.

If so, he's playing a losing game.  He won't be Bond. 

Cavill will be in Shazam II.  Bank on it.  That's the one that needs a boost at the box office.  It will be an homage to the classic rivalry between the two characters.  Warner Bros. is probably willing to see what happens with the actor/character under a different director...and hopefully not constrained by production issues and creative disagreements.

And obviously The Rock is tied to all of this...he probably put in a good word, here.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Where do you get this MOS was a bomb shit?

It was a  profitible film  Problem was it did not do "Dark Knight" numbers which was what Warners was expecting.

You are entitled to your own opinions but not to your own facts and calling MOS a box office failure is just plain wrong.

I can't see him coming back as Supes except in a leading role.

I doubt DC is going to let any director have carte blanche with Superman after what happened with Snyder.  The "Lets' let a dicector have total freedom with Superman" has not worked out all the well for DC. I think any director's ideas for  Superman movie will have to fit in with what DC has in mind for the charecter.

I love Man of Steel and I think it's a pretty underrated movie. But there is a reason why we won't see his sequel in less than a decade after the first film. Absolutely everything starring Superman since 2006 was or a critical failure, commercial failure or BOTH. It's not a opinion, it's a fact. He was overexposed for a decade and yeah it's time to chill in some productions like Shazam and Aquaman before his sequel.

The so-called "flop" Shazam outprofited Man of Steel even with almost half in box office and also almost matched Batman v Superman profit. One of them is now with a sequel and one spin off in production, and it's not Superman.

Not everything is about money. WB is clearly focusing on the quality to bring back lots of people that abandoned DC films due to the Snyder shite vision.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cax16 said:

hopefully it’s more then this. 

I think the positive reactions to the news will help with that. 

This makes no sense. Why would Henry come back for 1 measly cameo and why would WB want him back just for that? 

YESEESSSS MY BOY IS BACK ! I will take it for now with the hopes that one day I will get to see MOS2. I mean I can already see how he will overshadow everyone in the Shazam sequel. It’s Superman.

Them again, all these reporters were hellbent that Henry was not coming back so... I will hold out hope. For the time being i am just happy that he haven’t seen the last of Henry’s Clark. For me he is the best Superman. And I actually think that Sanberg will be a great fit to tackle the character.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

He's definitely gonna be in Shazam 2 imo. The ending of the first film might just be a gag but it also kinda works as a set-up for Superman to be in Shazam 2. Also would increase the gross of Shazam 2 by a large margin.

Also Sandberg doing Superman is gonna be a great fit

• Like 3