CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

WOW wasn't expecting that kind of scoop to drop on a Saturday of all days.

All 4 actresses up for Lois Lane would be a great choice but my favorite is Samara Weaving.

As for the star of the movie let's wait for more information. Hoult seems a bit too old for what James Gunn is going for (late 20s) but let's see.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

David Corenswet would be a great choice, he was great in Pearl and definitely has the look. Elordi not even throwing his name into the ring despite Twitter being in love with him and convinced he’s the number 1 pick is pretty funny.

@excel1 why is your boy and his management team slacking like this?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, cax16 said:

That’s not what Justin Kroll said. 

THR is saying he's up for Luthor

One role that seems to have only one person earmarked is the classic villain Luthor. Nicholas Hoult, currently starring in vampire thriller Renfield, has been tipped to play the bald-headed evil genius. Hoult’s name has been swirling around Legacy for several weeks now with some theorizing he was up for Superman. 

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1657419374632812548

Just now, BadOlCatSylvester said:

tumblr_nxxnj401nO1ush256o1_400.gif

You didn't seriously think they'd go for fucking Little Timmy as Superman, right? Go drown out your sorrows with @excel1.

Let’s not get cocky now, we’re one James Gunn tweet away from all of this being confirmed as bullshit and Timmy getting cast.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, SnokesLegs said:

Let’s not get cocky now, we’re one James Gunn tweet away from all of this being confirmed as bullshit and Timmy getting cast.

Thanks for reminding me of all the DC news provided by the trades that were swiftly debunked by Gunn. It all reeked of false leads to me.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

David Corenswet would be a great choice, he was great in Pearl and definitely has the look. Elordi not even throwing his name into the ring despite Twitter being in love with him and convinced he’s the number 1 pick is pretty funny.

Rachel Brosnahan or Samara Weaving would be my pick for Lois out of those names.

I actually only read his name here 💀 David has been always the most cited actor by the fan base/DC accounts.

--

David and Emma 💝

Man Gunn has a chance to do a huge SDCC panel this year for DC with major casting announcements for tons of characters cause they said other DC characters will be in Superman plus you could potentially add in some director announcements as well if they have those deals done. Also, add in Reeves Batman stuff as well. I hope they go really big this year.