Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

Really I thought the UK reached a peak with 80 million.

Is the Avengers brand growing more popular there 

Yh defo in UK has more fan's now i'd say Avengers was a surprise $80 mil hit and thanks to it the whole universe has more fans I can see it doing $100 mil here so hyped here.

85m in Russia is very unlikely, the market didn't grow that much since 2012, its growth rate sharply decreased and the poor exchange rate is unlikely to recover by April.

So going from $43m in 2012 to 85m in 2015 is out of the question, 60m would be great already.

My forecasts :

China 200

UK 90

Korea 85

Rus 55

Mex 70

Bra 60-70m

Aus 65

Ger 35m

Franc 55

Jap 65

That is actually very resonable. I wasn't a big fan of the first movie, but I think this one will do a bit more than you predicted, especially in China.

• Like 1

Taking in account how big Venezuela became this year, The Avengers 2 could be the first movie to do $200m+ in Latin America ;)

It will increase in all Latin America, you can count on it :D

The only country worrying me is Brazil, the BO there seems a pretty slow and I'm not sure 63m could be reached like in 2012 given the exchange rate is clearly disadvantageous this time, that won't be easy at all!

That would be great to see some new markets opening up to Hollywood movies such as Iran and Saudi Arabia, that would help big movies to break records.

• Like 1

That would be great to see some new markets opening up to Hollywood movies such as Iran and Saudi Arabia, that would help big movies to break records.

Those countries would need huge political changes for that to happen. If you are looking for big growth you are more likely to find it in Indonesia or Vietnam.

Edited by Tower
  • Like 1

Those countries would need huge political for that to happen. If you are looking for big growth you are more likely to find it in Indonesia or Vietnam.

I know, that won't happen before a very long time I guess given how religious these countries are, but I'm full of hope, it's my state of mind ^^

And indeed Vietnam and Indonesia are very promising in the long run, particularly Indonesia with its population bigger than Brazil's.

• Like 1

UPDATE: Oh, also, very importantly, it should finally break the record for the fastest film to reach $1B worlwide (currently 19 days and shared between Avatar, Harry Potter 7 - Part 2 and Avengers). My guess is 15-17 days.

Edited by Quigley