baumer

Knight of Cups | March 4 2016 | Terrance Malick, Bale, Portman, Blanchett

First half of the trailer has a Wolf of Wall Street/Great Beauty vibe but I doubt that would be similar to those movies. I'm not a huge Mallick fan but the only movie of his I disliked was New World so I'm excited. Also Bale looks great and way younger than what he looked in his recent movies.

I remember when the project was anounced it was allegedly starring Bale/Portman but judging from how little of Portman we see in the trailer most of her "lead" role ended up on the editing floor. Such a Mallick thing to do. 

• Like 1

Poots, Portman, Palmer

Combined screentime over/under 10 minutes?  :ph34r:

Anyway I don't always love Malick (mainly I just don't love Tree of Life), but I'll see anything he puts out as soon as I can. There's no other major American director working who's this uncompromising, especially now that Lynch has seemingly quit big-screen filmmaking for good. The more I think about To the Wonder the more I appreciate it. 

• Like 1

So a film that tries to tell us how Hollywood ruins people and steals their souls?  Blech.  A film about billionaire life styles and we are supposed to feel sorry for them?  Looks like more typical Malick shit on a stick.

So a film that tries to tell us how Hollywood ruins people and steals their souls?  Blech.  A film about billionaire life styles and we are supposed to feel sorry for them?  Looks like more typical Malick shit on a stick.

Aaron Sorkin actually started on the project with Malick, but after 3 years stuck in a room together they realised their filmic sensibilities were just 'too different'.

Aaron Sorkin actually started on the project with Malick, but after 3 years stuck in a room together they realised their filmic sensibilities were just 'too different'.

Sorkin makes good films like a Few Good Men.  Malick makes...whatever it is he makes.