kayumanggi

THE FINEST HOURS | 01.29.16 | Disney | final domestic gross: $27,569,558

I feel the same way about this that I do with Everest. Skeptical, yet this could go either way, and may end up being amazing. And I love how the box office for this is completely uncertain; could be a huge flop or a monster hit!

Chris Pine was at D23 to promote the movie:

“This was an age and an era, coming after world war 2. The people in this story, they… did right because it was the nice thing to do… this was a wooden boar in 70 foot seas with no navigation, able to hold 32 men and take them back to shore.”

http://deadline.com/2015/08/d23-star-wars-marvel-live-blog-disney-1201499669/

Shit looks boring. I'll watch it if gets awards hype, but I'll probably forget I've ever seen this trailer.

Looks boring? The IMHO most insane rescue missions on sea I know about ....

Hmmm, I guess they throw around those kind of medals for something ... boring?

Five Coast Guardsmen earned the Gold Lifesaving Medal, four earned the Silver Lifesaving Medal, and 15 earned the Coast Guard Commendation Medal.

Sad is, it's a movie about something historical I am intersted in = usually means it's not doing good BO

Curious how far they'll show the multi-rescue missions of that day in one movie

Edited by terrestrial

I can see this movie getting mixed reviews (40% on RT) with critics calling it "light and melodramatic despite charming performances and incredible tense moments" etc.

But at the same time it will be a movie that a lot of us see and think "you know, it wasn't Oscar worthy, but that is a pretty good movie."