kayumanggi

THE FINEST HOURS | 01.29.16 | Disney | final domestic gross: $27,569,558

12 minutes ago, CJohn said:

11/26

BO.com says 10/32

Sadly might be right, way too often the movies I am actually interested in do not do well

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

What's the budget? 

NYT said $80m budget...

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Unless there's a mistake with that average score, maybe the fresh is a 10/10 and the rottens are more like 5 or 6/10

Even if all the Rottens were 6s and the fresh was 10 that would put it at 6.8 :unsure:

Must have been a 12 out of 10

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 1

I'm stunned that so many of you think it looks like shit.  It looks awesome imo.  It's based on a true story and it has people dying at sea after their boat gets cut in half.  How exactly does it look boring.

Too many knee jerk reactions here.  One recent movie that takes place on the sea bombs and now the other will too?  Nope, I don't buy it.  I think it opens well and has good legs.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

I'm stunned that so many of you think it looks like shit.  It looks awesome imo.  It's based on a true story and it has people dying at sea after their boat gets cut in half.  How exactly does it look boring.

Too many knee jerk reactions here.  One recent movie that takes place on the sea bombs and now the other will too?  Nope, I don't buy it.  I think it opens well and has good legs.

But opening "well" for this movie would be like 15m. Why on earth would it do much more? 

• Like 1