grim22

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi | Michael Bay | 40M on homevideo sales so far (Page 20)

On January 10, 2016 at 9:44 AM, WrathOfHan said:

Lol, Fox News is about to discuss how 13 Hours could affect Hillary's campaign.

On December 11, 2015 at 0:40 PM, jandrew said:

- Just being about Benghazi will self promote. CNN, Fox News, etc are going to bring this movie up, and then re-bring up the Benghazi scandal. That creates a curiosity factor and free marketing.

• Like 2

To be honest people say Bay "fucked up" Transformers but it's not like the original cartoon was much more than a 22 minute toy commercial anyway. Hardly thought provoking material. This is a reality nostalgia has greatly obscured.

(Yes I did like the show as a kid)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

24 and a half hours until previews start and no reviews yet.

9pm Pacific apparently: http://www.hollywood-elsewhere.com/2016/01/no-hillary-dings-in-13-hours/

The 13 Hours embargo doesn’t lift until 9 pm Pacific, but I can at least pass along what plenty of folks have been saying on Twitter. It’s an exceptional “American guys get the shit kicked out of them” combat flick in the tradition ofLone Survivor and Black Hawk Down. 

It’s definitely “political” in that it’s a pro-American, hooray-for-our-side salute of military heroism in the face of Islamic wacko attacks, but Hillary Clinton takes no hits whatsoever. And yet there’s a CIA desk chief character (played by David Costabile) who comes off as a timid procedural asshole between 75% and 80% of the time. 13 Hours isMichael Bay‘s best (i.e., least irritating) and sturdiest film in his entire career

13 Hourslooks and feels like a hit — expert enough to rock action fans and almost certain to strike a chord with conservative rural audiences. It’s fast, hard and throttling — the parts that work (roughly 85% of the whole) really work.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

That seems like a really terrible way to watch a movie for the first time.

Yeah, I thought about going for the hell of it, but then I thought, "Do I really want to go into stadium with a massive crowd of rednecks watching a Michael Bay film about Beghazi?  Even if it's free? No."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

Yeah, I thought about going for the hell of it, but then I thought, "Do I really want to go into stadium with a massive crowd of rednecks watching a Michael Bay film about Beghazi?  Even if it's free? No."

:lol: Well, even putting aside the potential audience and politics of the movie, it just doesn't seem like a good way to watch any movie for the first time. The screen is shitty (compared to a theater), the sound and acoustics are awful, the seats are uncomfortable...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

Unless they made me go to a Trump rally afterwards, I could watch the movie with a bunch of rednecks it aint like you gotta talk to them.