grim22

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi | Michael Bay | 40M on homevideo sales so far (Page 20)

If the script calls for it, there will be lots of Bayplosions. If not, he can contain himself to the level of Pain and Gain.

Aside from the lack of explosions there's absolutely nothing about the direction of that film that I'd describe as contained. And I dig it, but you can't deny everything about it is cranked up to a million.

• Like 2

• Community Manager

I can't see how you can adapt Benghazi into a movie since 99% of it was just FOX News manufacturing a scandal.

I mean I guess you could make a film commenting on how our media can go overboard but something tells me Michael Bay won't be doing that.

• Like 1

I can't see how you can adapt Benghazi into a movie since 99% of it was just FOX News manufacturing a scandal.

I mean I guess you could make a film commenting on how our media can go overboard but something tells me Michael Bay won't be doing that.

I guess it'll be about the siege? I don't really see much of a hook with the story, though (as opposed to, say, ARGO or BLACK HAWK DOWN).

Pearl Harbor is antique, naive melodrama and this will be similar to something like Lone Survivor or Black Hawk Down. Different subject and tone and manner. And to me, Bruce Willis, Will Smith, Mark Wahlberg, Scarlett Johansson, Steve Buscemi, John Turturro, Jon Voight, Frances McDormand, Stanley Tucci, John Goodman etc who worked with Bay before are great, fairly known A list actors.

Neither will win an Oscar. 

Who cares about Oscars, Nolan is a better director than many Oscar winners, owning that gold statue doesn't make people better at what they do, it just means an older bunch of out of touch guys liked their work once too.