grim22

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi | Michael Bay | 40M on homevideo sales so far (Page 20)

Listen to the prophet :

On patriotism

“I'm, like, a true American.”

On the possibility of changing his style
“I don't change my style for anybody. Pussies do that.”

On Transformers 2 
“The real fault with [Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen] is that it ran into a mystical world. When I look back at it, that was crap.”

On dealing with difficult actors
“Some directors will cower, but I don’t take shit.”

On Hugo Weaving’s complaints about doing voice work for Transformers
“Do you ever get sick of actors that make $15 million a picture, or even $200,000 for voiceover work that took a brisk one hour and 43 minutes to complete, and then complain about their jobs? With all the problems facing our world today, do these grumbling thespians really think people reading the news actually care about trivial complaints that their job wasn’t ‘artistic enough’ or ‘fulfilling enough’? ... What happened to people who had integrity, who did a job, got paid for their hard work, and just smiled afterward? Be happy you even have a job—let alone a job that pays you more than 98% of the people in America. I have a wonderful idea for all those whiners: They can give their ‘unhappy job money’ to a wonderful Elephant Rescue. It’s the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust in Africa. I will match the funds they donate.”

• Like 3

Listen to the prophet :

On patriotism

On Transformers 2

“The real fault with [Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen] is that it ran into a mystical world. When I look back at it, that was crap.”

On Hugo Weaving’s complaints about doing voice work for Transformers

“Do you ever get sick of actors that make $15 million a picture, or even $200,000 for voiceover work that took a brisk one hour and 43 minutes to complete, and then complain about their jobs? With all the problems facing our world today, do these grumbling thespians really think people reading the news actually care about trivial complaints that their job wasn’t ‘artistic enough’ or ‘fulfilling enough’? ... What happened to people who had integrity, who did a job, got paid for their hard work, and just smiled afterward? Be happy you even have a job—let alone a job that pays you more than 98% of the people in America. I have a wonderful idea for all those whiners: They can give their ‘unhappy job money’ to a wonderful Elephant Rescue. It’s the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust in Africa. I will match the funds they donate.”

I definitely like this guy :P Edited by Ethan Hunt

The reaction to this will make the American Sniper controversy look like nothing.

Potentially yes.  I haven't seen TF4 and said to myself I wouldn't bother ever watching another Bay film, but if the controversy over this one takes off (especially if its shit which it most likely will be) , I'm gonna have to see this because I wouldn't want to miss out on some epic forum action.

• Like 1

Listen to the prophet :

On patriotism

On Transformers 2 

On Hugo Weaving’s complaints about doing voice work for Transformers

I fucking love Bay.  Seriously.  I love him.  Fuck Hugo Weaving and good for Bay for not giving a fuck who he is and just telling it like it is.

• Like 3

Strong true words by Mr. Bay about Hugo Weaving. He should he happy he is getting paid 200k for a few hours of work per movie. I bet that 15M comment was about Shia. I wouldn't be surprised if he got 15M (paycheck + back end deal) to make TF3.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 3

Strong true words by Mr. Bay about Hugo Weaving. He should he happy he is getting paid 200k for a few hours of work per movie. I bet that 15M comment was about Shia. I wouldn't be surprised if he got 15M (paycheck + back end deal) to make TF3.

Yep, artistic bullshit, give me a fucking break.  You play make believe for a living, it doesn't get much more trivial than that.

• Like 1