grim22

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi | Michael Bay | 40M on homevideo sales so far (Page 20)

I just mentioned the name Michael Bay to a co-worker and he looked at me with a blank face.  He's roughly the same age as me and had no idea who he was.

Honestly, not surprising.

Outside of Spielberg, most people don't know directors. Tarantino, Nolan, maybe...

Honestly, not surprising.

Outside of Spielberg, most people don't know directors. Tarantino, Nolan, maybe...

I think on a subconscious level people have a certain idea of stylistic consistency in filmmaking, with a little help from commercials boasting "From the director of _________". One may not know Michael Bay by name but they would still be able to recognize similarities between Armageddon and Transformers.

More people have probably heard of Bay than Nolan. No-one is as well known as Spielberg though, no-one is even close.

I don't know a single person who actually said the statement "I love/like Michael Bay films!" in a non-sarcastic manner. It seems like every person who knows he was behind Transformers, knows of him to bash him.

I'm guessing anyone who would take the trouble of finding out who was behind an atrocious film would be savant enough to be aware of Nolan. 

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

I don't know a single person who actually said the statement "I love/like Michael Bay films!" in a non-sarcastic manner. It seems like every person who knows he was behind Transformers, knows of him to bash him.

I'm guessing anyone who would take the trouble of finding out who was behind an atrocious film would be savant enough to be aware of Nolan. 

Well turn off the computer and look around the real life. Then you can know that non-sarcastic people.

• Like 1

Well turn off the computer and look around the real life. Then you can know that non-sarcastic people.

Gee, if you are gonna bother with a #stickingit post, you could at least manage not throttling the grammar?

And I meant IN REAL LIFE! Either people don't know the name of the director of Transformer films or they bash him. Nobody knows his name AND adores him.

• Like 1

Gee, if you are gonna bother with a #stickingit post, you could at least manage not throttling the grammar?

And I meant IN REAL LIFE! Either people don't know the name of the director of Transformer films or they bash him. Nobody knows his name AND adores him.

In my case, there are some colleagues who know enough about Bay and like him. And I'm working in film industry now. 

• Like 1

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Bay