Olive

Fast & Furious 7 | 1165.6m overseas | 1518.6m Worldwide | Crosses $1.5 Billion Worldwide / 3m from passing The Avengers WW total!

Baumer, FF7 did have 3D in quite a few OS markets. Still, phenomenal performance OS.

How many?

Edited by baumer

How many?

I remember reading that it was 45 countries or so including basically all of Asia and Latin America. Maybe some countries in Europe but can't confirm that. They released it in 3D in the markets where 3D shares are still strong. Great performance regardless.

Edited by grim22

Even with 3D I don't think a lot of people saw F7 in that format. All the past F&F's were not in 3D and I assume people in general don't think it's worth of...

Well I suppose that, I don't have numbers, but I think it's obvious it will have a much lower 3D share than DH2 or Transformers.

That I don't know but quite few did though. 3D doesn't diminish the performance at all. It's going to have a shot at DH2's OS gross which is mind-boggingly shocking to me.  :blink:

960m? :lol: Nah, but the fact it might make more than TF4 OS is indeed shocking.

That I don't know but quite few did though. 3D doesn't diminish the performance at all. It's going to have a shot at DH2's OS gross which is mind-boggingly shocking to me. :blink:

I do not think it will go so high, but let's remember that DH2 would have done about $740m with today exchange rates... this is the most absurdly enormous and unexpected OS run I can remember beyond Avatar

I do not think it will go so high, but let's remember that DH2 would have done about $740m with today exchange rates... this is the most absurdly enormous and unexpected OS run I can remember beyond Avatar

if it does 300m in china(not crazy) then DH2 is down even with this  exchange rates.

That comparison is not exactly fair. If DH2 was released today, it would do significantly more in local currencies in many developing markets, most importantly China, where it would be doing $150m.

Why would it do more in developed markets. HP franchise behaved differently in developed markets where the 1st film is still the highest. Why will it do more today!!!! I think HP8 got benefit bcos of 3D back in 2011 even in developed markets and today that wont happen as 3D fad has died in developed markets. But it would do better in Asia/LA but not at the level of SH movies.