Olive

Fast & Furious 7 | 1165.6m overseas | 1518.6m Worldwide | Crosses $1.5 Billion Worldwide / 3m from passing The Avengers WW total!

FF6 did around 2 billion yen in Japan which equals to $16.5M in today's currency. FF7 could increase but it could be getting the leftovers in terms of big screens since two of the biggest local movies of the year are opening the following day.

Edited by Cynosure
  • Like 1

FF6 did around 2 billion yen in Japan which equals to $16.5M in today's currency. FF7 could increase but it could be getting the leftovers in terms of big screens since two of the biggest local movies of the year are opening the following day.

F&F in Japan

2F2F - $6,5M

Tokyo Drift - $8,3M

FF4 - $10,2M

FF5 - $17,7M

FF6 - $20,1M

Considering that it exploded in other markets that Fast6 had stayed flat, how probable it is having another big increase in Japan and going over $30M?

It's hard to predict. It could increase in yen (from 2 billion yen to 2.5 billion maybe ?) but with the yen decreasing that means it would stay flat in dollars. I don't see $30M happening at all, it would need 3.6 billion yen for that which would amount to an 80% increase in local currency.

• Like 1

F&F in Japan

2F2F - $6,5M

Tokyo Drift - $8,3M

FF4 - $10,2M

FF5 - $17,7M

FF6 - $20,1M

Considering that it exploded in other markets that Fast6 had stayed flat, how probable it is having another big increase in Japan and going over $30M?

FF5 would do $11.5m with current exchange rates and FF6, $16.5m. If it repeat the $20m of FF6 it will already be a success.

F&F in Japan

2F2F - $6,5M

Tokyo Drift - $8,3M

FF4 - $10,2M

FF5 - $17,7M

FF6 - $20,1M

How's that Tokyo Drift only made $8.3M? It's set there, I thought it was bigger.

Furious 7's 2nd weekend over here was bigger that Furious 6's OW :rofl: And it already passed Furious 6 total on Friday. So far 515000 tickers were sold in 11 days. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Its hard to tell, is Fast 7 going to bigger then AOU overseas or is this just a sign of what is to come? 

I dont think so. If Furious 7 is going to gross 400m in China, AOU will break out huge as well. If not 400m it will at least make 300m. Plus that will ensure OS gross of 1.2B which is still too much for Furious 7.

I am thinking at the very best 1.15B OS Furious 7 with 400m china gross.

I can't see AOU under FF7 in any way, the hype is not the same. FF7 is a good omen for AOU that's all, a harbinger.

It doesn't work this way, Avengers gross has very little to do with FF7. People like to do this to keep their predictions about the relative strength of films the same, so when a film breaks out, then they just readjust their numbers to fit in with their predictions. but sometimes films break out and rise above films from previously bigger franchises. The Fast and Furious series has clearly shown the ability to grow above other previously larger series.

Having said all that, AOU will be fine and do huge numbers, not because of FF7, but because the first Avengers was already huge and well liked, especially in a lot of growing markets.

• Like 3

DH2 will remain being a monster. It did $900m OS outside China while F7 seems to be headed to make "just" $600-650m in those markets. I do not like to separate China from rest of OS markets since every dollar is important independently where it comes, but it is starting to be needed to make a 3 parts division: DOM+OS+China. The 10-15 years ago mega blockbusters like Jurassic Park, HP or LOTR already made $600 million OS without Chinese help.

Yea...I completely agree. 

• Like 1

DH2 will remain being a monster. It did $900m OS outside China while F7 seems to be headed to make "just" $600-650m in those markets. I do not like to separate China from rest of OS markets since every dollar is important independently where it comes, but it is starting to be needed to make a 3 parts division: DOM+OS+China. The 10-15 years ago mega blockbusters like Jurassic Park, HP or LOTR already made $600 million OS without Chinese help.

But how much would DH2 would have grossed minus China in today's ER. I am sure that is lot lower and F7 could get close to that. I think its headed for 700m minus China.

• Like 1

You are forgetting one little thing DHII was expected to do those #'s and in no way was F7 expected to do them. Win for F7.

• Like 1