Plain Old Tele

Interstellar (2014) | The Black Hole Version

Poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Interstellar

I was shocked when Christian Bale showed up and started shouting obscenities at the camera. Something tells me that wasn't part of the script but Nolan kept it in because it came out so well. His decision to end the movie in the middle of the reveal as to whether McConaughey is actually an android or not was shocking. The entire audience groaned at that moment. I also thought that the editing with the hardcore sex scene intercut with a space shuttle launch used as a metaphor was slightly too on the nose, I mean he was just copying Hitchcock. Speaking of Hitchcock, and cock, Nolan's cameo as "Naked space alien #3" was distracting.

• Like 17

I was shocked when Christian Bale showed up and started shouting obscenities at the camera. Something tells me that wasn't part of the script but Nolan kept it in because it came out so well. His decision to end the movie in the middle of the reveal as to whether McConaughey is actually an android or not was shocking. The entire audience groaned at that moment. I also thought that the editing with the hardcore sex scene intercut with a space shuttle launch used as a metaphor was slightly too on the nose, I mean he was just copying Hitchcock. Speaking of Hitchcock, and cock, Nolan's cameo as "Naked space alien #3" was distracting.

:rofl:

I'm still trying to understand why Michael Caine's character had a scene where he revealed his name to be Alfred to Anne Hathaway who then revealed her name to actually be Selina as they proceeded to have sex in front of McConoughey's daughter while the shuttle was launching. Was Nolan simply trying to imply Batman is dead at the end of TDKR and so Selina went to the old butler for comfort?

• Like 8

Such a spiritual and fulfilling journey, like experiencing your own coelioscopy starring Rusty Cohle as a southern anal probe.

Alright, alright, alright1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

____________________________________________________________________ / 10

(3x10000+ 5y)2 x (4x - 2y-1)

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3

My favorite part was the after credit scene where Matthew McConaughey, Christian Bale, Leonardo DiCaprio, Hugh Jackman and Guy Pearce eating shawarma together. I can't wait for the Nolan Cinematic Universe

The thing that put that scene over the top was Morgan Freeman narrating it.

Edited by Empire
  • Like 5

For me the topper was when Pluto Nash saved the day

That was Pluto Nash?  Damn!  I thought it was Axel Foley.  He even had an espresso with a lemon twist from the guy who played Balky on Perfect Strangers...but now that you mention it, he wasn't wearing his Detroit Lions jacket, so you are right....Pluto Nash it was.

• Like 3

My favorite part was the after credit scene where Matthew McConaughey, Christian Bale, Leonardo DiCaprio, Hugh Jackman and Guy Pearce eating shawarma together. I can't wait for the Nolan Cinematic Universe

And the second after credits scene where Ben Affleck as Daredevil, makes out with Christopher Walken as the headless horseman.

• Like 3

I was totally into that scene where Woody Harrelson showed up and drove Matthew McConaughey through fields and listened as McConaughey talked about quantum physics, philosophy, and the nature of human existence. Then I realized the theater fucked up and was airing an episode of True Detective.

• Like 7

Lot of bad reviews on here. I thought this movie was................................................................................................................

...................................................................................................................................................................................

.................................................................................................................................................................................

...............................................................................................................................................................................

...........................................................................................................................................................................

...........................................................................................................................................................................

............................................................................................................................................................................

alright, alright, alright.

article-2548284-1B0EF23A00000578-201_306

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 4