grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/box-office-big-hero-6-1-4-million-thursday-previews-1201350585/

Disney is seeing a solid start for “Big Hero 6″ with Thursday night preview showings generating $1.4 million.

That’s a notable improvement on the $1.2 million Tuesday night take for “Frozen” last November, in advance of its pre-Thanksgiving opening.

The toon’s haul is also well above preview grosses for Warner Bros.’ “The Lego Movie” at $400,000 and “Rio 2” at $375,000 earlier this year, as well as the $400,000 for midnight shows of “Wreck-It Ralph” in 2012.

The $1.4 million for “Big Hero 6″ matches the Wednesday box office for “Interstellar” from a limited number of locations.

Both films are expected to pick up somewhere in the $55 million to $60 million range this weekend. Both films cost $165 million to produce.

Edited by grim22

So that means the IMAX thurs number dropped significantly from Weds. This didn't happen for TDKR, if I recall correctly or for TDK.

Considering we don't know the Tues/Wed split, I'm not sure we can make that conclusion

• Like 4

Considering we don't know the Tues/Wed split, I'm not sure we can make that conclusion

I'm not making a conclusion.  I thought Weds was 1.5 mill for IMAX.

• Like 1

We do have a rough breakdown, though. Wednesday w/o sneaks was probably 900-1m+, right?

edit: baumer, the 1.35m Wed # included Tues night sneaks.

I don't know, I'm out of the loop so I only saw the 1.35 number

• Like 1

Interstellar is certainly no Gravity.

Not quality wise anyway.

97% vs 71%.

oh please

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:18 PM

NO ONE CARES ABOUT RT ANYMORE.

God, move the fuck on already.

why have to bring that rt issue into boxoffice broadcast thread?

Edited by rickfox
  • Like 2