grim22

Central Intelligence | June 17 2016 | New Line. The Rock and Kevin Hart starring. Rawson Marshall Thurber directing. Trailer Page 4.

this has no chance against Dory

To be fair Dory is gonna hurt everything just by nature of being one of the biggest animations of all time and appealing to pretty much all demographics, but I think this should do fine m

Teens are gonna be a massive part of Dory's audience

True, but we saw that even with Monsters U releasing, WWZ did well. This movie will probably cause Dory to not open as big as it could have, in fact it may actively hurt Dory's OW. Rock and Kevin Hart should be good for a 40M+ weekend easily.

True, but we saw that even with Monsters U releasing, WWZ did well. This movie will probably cause Dory to not open as big as it could have, in fact it may actively hurt Dory's OW. Rock and Kevin Hart should be good for a 40M+ weekend easily.

I disagree. It could have opened to 40+ before, but, especially considering this will probably be R, I expect mid 20s to 30s for this now.

I disagree. It could have opened to 40+ before, but, especially considering this will probably be R, I expect mid 20s to 30s for this now.

Really doubt it. The Rock got Hercules to 30M, San Andreas to 54M. Kevin Hart opens movies in the 20s to 30s range by himself. Combine the two and their huge fanbases and social media presence, along with WBs marketing department and a 40+ Opening will happen easily. 

The opposite is more likely. Dory is an event that teens have been waiting for their entire lives, CI is something they can catch a few weeks down the line. Both should have good/great legs (unless poorly received) because July looks weak as fuck.

Really doubt it. The Rock got Hercules to 30M, San Andreas to 54M. Kevin Hart opens movies in the 20s to 30s range by himself. Combine the two and their huge fanbases and social media presence, along with WBs marketing department and a 40+ Opening will happen easily.

Except they're facing Finding Dory, so it probably won't

Was it The Rock that did that, or his movies? I think San Andreas would have been as big or very nearly as big if it had been a different actor.

Was it The Rock that did that, or his movies? I think San Andreas would have been as big or very nearly as big if it had been a different actor.

Hercules was pretty much sold as "Here is The Rock as Hercules", nothing else.

Fixed

Go on BOM, look up Finding Nemo, look at its numbers adjusted and not. Think about it. Finding Nemo had a massive effect on the childhoods of many in my generation, hell look at the DVD sales too if you can find them. And we've passed it down to generation below us who weren't alive when it came out too. Nemo is Pixar's most popular film no doubt and no animated record will be safe when it is released

• Like 1

Go on BOM, look up Finding Nemo, look at its numbers adjusted and not. Think about it. Finding Nemo had a massive effect on the childhoods of many in my generation, hell look at the DVD sales too if you can find them. And we've passed it down to generation below us who weren't alive when it came out too. Nemo is Pixar's most popular film no doubt and no animated record will be safe when it is released

THIS.