druv10

Tuesday Actuals: Nolan - 6.9M, BH6 - 10.5M

Nothing wrong with being elitist.

I don't know if it's "wrong" per se, but being an elitist is being an arrogant a-hole.   Actually believing that your opinion is superior to others' and that you have insight into what other people should be doing is pretty objectionable.

elitism

[ih-lee-tiz-uh m, ey-lee-]  

noun

1. practice of or belief in rule by an elite.

2. consciousness of or pride in belonging to a select or favored group.

I don't know if we can define this as "wrong", but I certainly wouldn't want that type of society to rule my life.

I agree that people don't like being sheep but if some attacks in unpopular genre on here most people don't care.

I think if you attacked an unpopular genre like this...

"People who like Rom-coms are just sheep and have horrible taste"

....You would probably get called out on that.

• Like 4

Believe me, the karmic force in the universe smacked me upside the head. Tele Jr.'s favorite show right now is the animated Avengers series, and his three favorite characters are Iron Man, Captain America, and Hulk.

Soon he will discover the movies

SOON

• Like 10

All superhero films follow the same parental/familial storyline, and the same villain one.

Besides the Dark Knight, I think there have been no great villains in any superhero film. X-Men are alright but they play a bit with the otherwise stale concept of superhero/supervillain and origin and whatnot.

I didn't say anything about money. Sequels in general make 60% of their money overseas, check first entries for superhero films and US is 50%+ or close to it.

I'm talking about critics and audiences. Americans love it for some reason. Guardians of the Galaxy, Winter Soldier, Big Hero Six were really all nothing special but they get that bump. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but yeah, for example, I didn't even really like Interstellar and it had its problems but it tried for something more unlike all three of and mostly all superhero films, yet they are always praised. Marvel has also grown stale and boring but everyone laps it up like sheep. The standard they are held to is so much lower and so many more things are forgiveable. It's a joke.

And, yeah, I do believe I'm right because I've seen enough of the movies and critical response to detect the leniency to which they are graded. I'm not talking about outright Green Lantern trash, but the very average stuff Marvel gets away with. I think both Iron Man 2 and 3 are fresh over 70% even, there's that bias, I don't know why, but there is, whilst other stuff gets rated more harshly.

I'd disagree with that because both man of steel and the amazing Spidey 2 both recently got trashed pretty hard. Sure, there's some fanboys who pad the numbers a bit, but say even Dark World was almost rotten (which is fair because it's overall entertaining).

Believe me, the karmic force in the universe smacked me upside the head. Tele Jr.'s favorite show right now is the animated Avengers series, and his three favorite characters are Iron Man, Captain America, and Hulk.

Why haven't you shown him Potter yet?