grim22

Weekend Numbers (Nov 14-16) pg 39

http://www.thewrap.com/dumb-and-dumber-to-looks-bright-with-1-6-million-at-thursday-box-office/

“Dumb and Dumber To” and its brand of low-brow humor hit the box office with $1.6 million on Thursday night in 2,321 theaters.

The Universal comedy is expected to win the weekend with $30 million, unseating Disney's animated family film “Big Hero 6.” The original “Dumb and Dumber brought in $127 million domestically and another $120 million overseas after opening to $16 million in 1994.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

Do they really expect BH6 to drop 47%? This second weekend of November has historically had great holds for animated films dating back to MI in 2001. 

If D&D gets first place it'll have to open with no less than like $37 million.

• Like 3

Do they really expect BH6 to drop 47%? This second weekend of November has historically had great holds for animated films dating back to MI in 2001.

If D&D gets first place it'll have to open with no less than like $37 million.

A 50m OW is coming.
  • Like 2

Actually I think I'm wrong. BH6 might have some difficulty making much more than $30 million over the weekend. I didn't realize it's weekdays crashed so hard after VD. Still I think it is good for at least $30.

Actually I think I'm wrong. BH6 might have some difficulty making much more than $30 million over the weekend. I didn't realize it's weekdays crashed so hard after VD. Still I think it is good for at least $30.

Didn't all the animated/family films have similar drops after VD?  Most of them took huge boosts but also had huge drops.

I really want to know what Thursday numbers are.  It'd be a great help in predictions.

• Like 2

Is BH6 follows Madagascar 2-

Thurs - $1.9 (+1.5%)

Fri - $7.98 (+319.8%)

Sat - $16.53 (+107.2%)

Sun - $9.77 (-40.9%)

$34.28 million there for a 39% drop. Seems like it could possibly get higher.

• Like 1

There are really no good comps for Interstellar from 2008 and it was also the day OoS was released so things for its type of movie would probably be skewed anyway but the weekend could go something like this-

Thurs - $3.2 (-5%)

Fri - $8 (+150%)

Sat - $12.2 (+53%)

Sun - $7.2 (-41%)

That would be -43.8% for a $27.4 million weekend. Not too bad but not that great either. It does have a shot at $30+ though.