grim22

Weekend Numbers (Nov 14-16) pg 39

Eh... not sure if I want Dumb and Dumber To to do so well... I love Carrey, but I think that movie was a bad idea to make for everyone involved. And do we really want Dumb and Dumber Free for 2017?

I think comedies have shifted far towards the younger demo's these days.

As much as people think they are too high class for low brow comedy, we have seen films like Paul Blart and Grown ups which are quite similar to those 90's comedies do rather well in recent years and even better then many comedies we love so much. 

For example We are the Millers is more of a old style comedy compared to the more youth appealing comedies of today. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 4

Eh... not sure if I want Dumb and Dumber To to do so well... I love Carrey, but I think that movie was a bad idea to make for everyone involved. And do we really want Dumb and Dumber Free for 2017?

We don't necessarily want a 3rd Dumb and Dumber. But what we do want is Jim Carrey getting back on his game and landing film roles where he can be the comic genius he is and also get some juicy dramatic roles (a la Eternal Sunshine and Truman Show performances). Whether you like DADT or not, it's success will only help Carrey begin a comeback to being a major player again. He is so talented it would fun to see him get back on his game.

After the Ace Ventura sequel, Jim never did a sequel till now and had never liked doing sequels.  The success of DD2 could help get his career back on track so he doesn't HAVE to do sequels.

• Like 8

Months ago i was predicting 35M. But I changed that and lowered it to sub 30M ish. Now I wish I hadn't changed it. I guess I'm still sort of surprised of how well it's doing, but I'm glad because I want this Nov/Dec to make up for that dismal July.

• Like 2

We don't necessarily want a 3rd Dumb and Dumber. But what we do want is Jim Carrey getting back on his game and landing film roles where he can be the comic genius he is and also get some juicy dramatic roles (a la Eternal Sunshine and Truman Show performances). Whether you like DADT or not, it's success will only help Carrey begin a comeback to being a major player again. He is so talented it would fun to see him get back on his game.

After the Ace Ventura sequel, Jim never did a sequel till now and had never liked doing sequels.  The success of DD2 could help get his career back on track so he doesn't HAVE to do sequels.

I agree. If he's on his A-game, Carrey is one of the funniest people I know. I would love if he had success again with "original" comedies as well.

• Like 1

Yeah, I would love if this puts the wind back in Carrey's career sails in a big way. Not sure I see it. Most of the big comedic actors of the last decade are just dudes standing around making dick jokes. They don't put in half the effort Jim does.

• Like 6

I'm really happy for Jim Carrey. He still has it.(Loved his Chandelier's "choregraphy" :lol: )

Carrey's SNL Lincoln Ads show he still has it.  He just needs the right um vehicle.

Jim Carrey really nailed it on SNL.

That probably helped D&DT a bit. Gave people confidence that he still knew how to be funny.

• Like 3

Yeah, I would love if this puts the wind back in Carrey's career sails in a big way. Not sure I see it. Most of the big comedic actors of the last decade are just dudes standing around making dick jokes. They don't put in half the effort Jim does.

According to people today two people yelling at each other where I am going to ejcaulate into is comedic gold  :rolleyes:

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 3

According to people today two people yelling at each other where I am going to ejcaulate into is comedic gold  :rolleyes:

tbf that shit in This Is The End had me crying. That totally is comedy gold.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 4

Amen.

• Like 2

Not really This is The End made less then other comedies of that year and reception was rather mixed. 

Meaning it did well with its target demos and that is what matters for comedies. 

Personally, we found the whole family making out in We are The Millers more hilarious, but perhaps that is our cup of tea for humour. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

2013 was a pretty good year for comedies in general. Nobody expected We're The Millers or The Heat to make $150m. This year has continued that trend.

Lots of people were expecting the heat to make that much actually. I saw some people go higher.

Edited by CoolioD1