grey ghost

Theories on why Indiana Jones and Star Wars went from spiritual phenomena to scientific explanation

Since when are there aliens in KOTCS?  They go out of their way several times to say they aren't aliens. 

That's another shit thing about it: if you're going to have pseudo, "inter-dimensional" aliens, just have damn aliens. They might have actually been fun.

I loved the 4th, fit in perfect with the era of filmmaking.  But I loved Daranbout's script.  Anyone ever read it.  It's the one both Spielberg and Ford loved, but got vetoed by Lucas.

I wasn't aware of that, but given Lucas' allergy to good storytelling it figures.

Edited by Untitled Hatebox Project

Indy 4's premise was perfect on paper. Atomic age, Cold War, Roswell/UFO, fifties and the birth of rock and roll. It's the execution that sucked big balls as Spielberg's heart was genuinely not in it. What a wasted potential.

I wonder what Indiana Jones and The Fate Of Atlantis would have looked like as well.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3

Indy 4's premise was perfect on paper. Atomic age, Cold War, Roswell/UFO, fifties and the birth of rock and roll. It's the execution that sucked big balls as Spielberg's heart was genuinely not in it. What a wasted potential.

I wonder what Indiana Jones and The Fate Of Atlantis would have looked like as well.

The concept was great and while the execution wasn't quite there, I think Spielberg tried very hard. While not up to the others its grown on me, there are plenty of really great well constructed sequences and some truly Indy moments. Im glad the movies exists end of the day. 

I also feel the style and tone with the amount of polish and CGI just didn't seem to connect and come together for modern audiences. I think Spielberg was close but it almost stayed too true to the previous 3 in a weird way. 

I liked Indy 4, I just think there were a few moments where it came unglued or tried so hard to be pulpy like Raiders and Doom that it went past that into just pure camp.

The army ant stuff I dug, that was B-movie shenanigans done right. Plus Williams rocked the music for the bit.

• Like 1