DAR

Best TV Shows of 2011

Here's where we can discuss what we liked about what we saw on the small screen in 2011. Our favorite shows, moments, performances whatever you like.My pick for the best overall show was Breaking Bad. Each season seems to top the other and this was certainly no exception. Everyone in the cast was great. And for my money nothing that I have seen this year whether movies or other tv shows topped this scene.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aldmMZag8RMOther shows that were amongst my favorites(note these are not in any order). I loved the funny Parks and Recreation with it's combination of goofy and sweet characters. The Dunphy/Pritchett clan continued to make me laugh and even warmed my heart on Modern Family. Person of Interest has turned into an enjoyable kick-ass procedural. Game of Thrones was easily the most ambitious thing on TV and HBO knocked it out of the park. Plus it accelerated my reading of the rest of the series. Just great TV. Justified went from being a very good show to a great one this year. It comes back January 17 on FX give it a shot. And finally we said goodbye to the town of Dillion TX, Friday Night Lights ended after five years. The fact that a show like this was given five years was a miracle. It was simply the best show I've seen about American life in general.A few other things, I don't have Showtime, so I never got to check out Homeland. I don't have HBO either but I watched GOT at my parents house. Community I like, I just don't love it.Thoughts?

Loved American Dad! And Family Guy this year. A bit disappointed by most of South Park, but the episode immediately the summer break was brilliant. Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother were great as well. Loved True Blood as well. There hasn't been a great deal else that I saw this year that didn't involve sport in some way.

• Like 1

Pretty good year, most of my favorites had solid seasons.Breaking Bad moved into my #1 position with an absolutely amazing season/True Blood was solid, but not quite as good as last season.Dexter is still going strongBig Bang Theory and How I met Your Mother are still the best sit coms running despite how long they have been going.A decent year for new shows, I tune in to a fair number of them but only 2 have reached "don't miss an episode" status:Revenge is the big surprise, I got hooked immediately and the show hasn't had a weak episode.2 Broke Girls is the best new comedy, I just love Kat Dennings sarcastic humor and acid delivery and Beth Behrs is a great foil for her to play off.

Favorite Shows Ranked:1) Community2) Parks & Recreation3) Modern Family4) The Office5) Big Bang Theory6) The Middle7) SuburgatoryI really did not like any of the new comedies this year except for ABC's Suburgatory. ABC finally got a show that fits perfectly between The Middle and Modern Family into their Wednesday line up.

Edited by MovieGuyKyle16

Obviously my favourite show is Game of Thrones. It's the best thing on TV since Battlestar Galactica, if you haven't seen it yet you have to check it out. The Borgias was very good, looking forward to next season. True Blood was absolutely terrible this year. Dexter had a poor year, but next year should be great given what happened in the final. Vampire Diaries has been awesome best season yet. I've been watching The Ringer which has greatly improved as the season has gone on. But everything pales in comparison to Game of Thrones to be honest.

Anyone here watched Pan Am (ABC)? I really really liked it, and apparently it's gonna be canceled. Such a shame, it's my favorite new show, while Terra Nova and New Girl disappointed me big time, this one really impressed me.The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family are still good, although I'm starting to get bored of some TBBT characters.

This has been an incredible year for television. Feels like all of the visionaries in film are moving to cable!

1. Breaking Bad

2. Louie

3. Parks and Recreation

4. Community

5. Game of Thrones

6. Homeland

7. Justified

8. Archer

9. 30 Rock

10. Curb Your Enthusiasm

Other great shows: It's Always Sunny, Stewart/Colbert, South Park, Boss, Modern Family (last season)

Best

1. Revenge

2. Modern Family

3. Downton Abbey

4. Happy Endings

5. Chopped

My favorites (I have no shame, only God can judge me etc.)

1. Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

2. My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

3. Mob Wives

4. Toddlers and Tiaras

5. Real Housewives of New Jersey

Edited by glassfairy

Best

1. Revenge

2. Modern Family

3. Downton Abbey

4. Happy Endings

5. Chopped

My favorites (I have no shame, only God can judge me etc.)

1. Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

2. My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

3. Mob Wives

4. Toddlers and Tiaras

5. Real Housewives of New Jersey

He will judge you for putting Toddlers and Tiaras on #4. WTF? #1 all the way! The show is ah-mazing! Best reality show out there. RH of ________ are all the same like CSI but way better. But they are all the same. Botox bitches bitching. Plus, RH of Atlanta = Best RH Of ________. Edited by fishnets

He will judge you for putting Toddlers and Tiaras on #4. WTF? #1 all the way! The show is ah-mazing! Best reality show out there. RH of ________ are all the same like CSI but way better. But they are all the same. Botox bitches bitching. Plus, RH of Atlanta = Best RH Of ________.

No. Toddlers and Tiaras could only be number 1 if Mackenzie was on every episode. And i've never gotten into Atlanta, idk why. I like Beverly Hills because most of the women are actually rich and I like New Jersey because it amazes me that such ridiculous women can exist. It's like watching an Animal Planet show in amazement over the strange creatures that exist. Anyway the best real housewives are:1. Beverly Hills2. New Jersey3. New York4. Atlanta5. Orange County6. Miami7. D.C. Edited by glassfairy