Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

I listened to this all day:

[mod edit]

I initially didn't like it but now that I've seen the movie I keep connecting it to that scene and it's sooo good. Definitely the best scene in any HG movie. Very moving.

Could it have a chance to win Best Original Song? Or since the lyrics' in the book it's not considered orginal? I don't know how this works.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 2

I listened to this all day:

[mod edit]

I initially didn't like it but now that I've seen the movie I keep connecting it to that scene and it's sooo good. Definitely the best scene in any HG movie. Very moving.

Could it have a chance to win Best Original Song? Or since the lyrics' in the book it's not considered orginal? I don't know how this works.

Oh yeah that was awesome scene during the song's duration, very moving. Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

Yep. Adults today care way, way more about cable TV dramas than movies. A decade ago, or two decades ago, or 3 decades ago, many people didn't even have cable TV. Adults had to settle for 30 minute family sitcoms on TV with laugh-tracks (T.G.I.F. on ABC and others). Now those 30 minute family sitcoms have moved to the Disney Channel.

There were adult-skewing network-TV dramas back in the day - Dallas, Dynasty, and so on. Yes people consider them "prime-time soaps", but they were dramas, melo- or not. (And there were "dramedies" too - I think the later years of M*A*S*H count, though it had a laugh track added against the protests of the producer.)

Network TV viewing actually peaked in the early 80s - the fall 1980 season premiere of Dallas, the resolution of the "Who Shot J.R.?" cliffhanger, was the most-viewed TV broadcast of all time. Then 3 years later, the M*A*S*H series finale broke that record. I think that was basically the apex of network TV viewership, it was all downhill from there. (Coincidence that ticket sales dropped in 1980? The rapid inflation caused total BO to go up, but total admissions in 1980 dropped from 1979 by somewhere between 60-100 million tickets.)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2

I watched DH1 last night.

It destroys MJ1.

I only ended up watching half of DH1 on Friday due to BOF distracting me but it's still my fave. For some reason I just love the scene where they disapparate right into downtown London during the wedding, with Emma in that red dress. Ron is such a twat in the movie though :(

• Like 3