Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

RTH doesn't always give it straight, but when he does, he goes hard.

This might or might not have a hidden meaning in it. I'm not sure anymore. Reading 80 pages from page 1 of this thread is disorienting me.

• Like 1

This may be the biggest reason. Catching Fire was very well liked, and had an ending that wasn't all that abrupt and set up the next part very well. I watched it opening weekend, and really liked it, despite that I won't be watching MockingJay Part 1. 

Lionsgate rested on their laurels a bit too much. No full trailer was ever released, just 2 one minute long trailers and no actual money shots in the trailers either. As much as we complain about trailers giving away too much, the GA needs that incentive to go to the theater for a movie. I wonder if this will change Lionsgate's marketing approach for Insurgent for which they released a similar non-descript 1 minute teaser.

And yet it'll open to 125+. Can't blame them for enjoying the benefits of a mega franchise.

Not only were there only 2 1 minute long trailers but they took a long time to get TV spots started (as well as releasing those trailers). There was some genuine excitement in all demos about catching fire because the marketing was impeccable. Mockingjay goes to show just because you're an easy sell franchise doesn't mean you can't market your movie.

There is no reason for Mockingjay to open below 140m (I would have had said 150m but no IMAX) except bad to non-existent marketing.

there were two one-minute viral teasers, a one-minute teaser, a two-minute trailer, and a one-minute final trailer.

i would have a serious issue finding love if i was gay considering i don't even like approximately 80% of guys as people

Where's the gif, water. You're misding the gif.