Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

I see the cricket field in the late evening sun, the players in their white top-hats trooping in from the field, with the ripple of applause running round the ropes, and the urchins streaming across to worship, while the old buffers outside the pavilion clap and cry "Played, well played!" and raise their tankards, and the Captain tosses the ball to some round-eyed small boy who'll guard it as a relic for life, and the scorer climbs stiffly down from his eyrie and the shadows lengthen across the idyllic scene, the very picture of merry, sporting old England, with the umpires bundling up the stumps, the birds calling in the tall trees, the gentle evenfall stealing over the ground and the pavilion, and the empty benches, and the willow wood-pile behind the sheep pen where Flashy is plunging away on top of the landlord's daughter in the long grass. Aye, cricket was cricket then.

Mitchell Johnson's mustache says hello.

Mitchell Johnson's mustache says hello.

I took up with Speed and the greenhorn, who was now waxing voluble in the grip of booze, and off we went. We stopped off for punch on the way, and the little snirp got so fuddled he couldn't even walk. We helped him along, but he was maudlin, so we took off his trousers in an alley off Regent Street, painted his arse with blacking which we bought for a penny on the way, and then shouted, "Come on, peelers! Here's the scourge of A Division waiting to set about you! Come on and be damned to you!" And as soon as the bobbies hove in sight we cut, and left them to find our little friend, nose down in the gutter with his black bum sticking up in the air.

• Like 1

It won't have Twilight legs for sure. Twilight is an extreme example where the movie did not branch out beyond the same target audience which kept coming back every time. This year, TFIOS had an extremely good opportunity to branch out beyond its target audience, unfortunately Fox didn't seem to care much for promoting it beyond that set demographic.

Oh I know it won't have twilight legs, just brought up the comparison for fun.

Personally a 125m weekend and around a 320m - 340m domestic finish looks plausible (early signs). Very profitable and still a big success, but very disappointing given its bound to have a nearly 100m drop from catching fire (even with a near identical multiplier)

why am I out of likes

Water I liked your post

thanks but the like economy has long been broken by blankments anyway. that's why likes from me are such a high commodity and trading at a higher price than gold currently. i've only ever given 5 likes.

• Like 3

Shakib: 101, 4/41

He good!

Only in subcontinent conditions. With the extra bounce on Aussie and NZ grounds, the subcontinent teams will struggle. Just 80 days left for the world cup. Looking forward to watching it in the evenings in the US as opposed to having to wake up at 4am in India.

thanks but the like economy has long been broken by blankments anyway. that's why likes from me are such a high commodity and trading at a higher price than gold currently. i've only ever given 5 likes.

OMG, the Kesha gifs is your profile background.

You're the best!