Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

No, i want Star Wars to take the top spot in 2015. While only being a casual fan of the (old) series (the prequels suck donkey balls), these new ones could be good. Some talent behind the camera. The Marvel universe is just so meh, forgettable, no characters to get invested in, adolescence power fantasy.

Now, I really want SW7 to underperform then...

TA2 could underperform domestically, but overseas its impossibile. 

Reality is based on box office inflation TA2 would not have to sell so many tickets anyways to make over 500+ million domestic. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Now I'm very curious how DH1 and BD1 were able to stay so consistent with their previous films at the boxoffice, while MJ1 couldn't. :blink:

It is simple, Potter and Twilight never touched 400M.

• Like 3

While I admit getting quite a kick once in a while from meltdowns, at the end of the day...I just can't root against a movie unless it truly sucks. And I can't judge that before the movie opens. And for all its faults, the MCU is fairly entertaining, so I want TA2 to deliver on all fronts. Same for SW. I just can't NOT want it to do well.

I'd be happy with anything for 2015, honestly.

2016, though...there's one movie I want to do spectacularly well - X-Men Apocalypse. DOFP remains at the top of this year's blockbusters for me, so fuck Cap and Superman and Batman.  :P

Edited by reddevil18
  • Like 2

And for all its faults, the MCU is fairly entertaining, so I want TA2 to deliver on all fronts. Same for SW. I just can't NOT want it to do well.

$400m would not be not doing well. $600m is just excessive for what it is.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

MCU will do well for many years to come so, even I'm mostly indifferent to it, actively rooting against it seems like an exercise in masochism.

I used to root against SW for the possibility of meltdowns but as it gets closer I feel like it would be kind of nice for it to be good.

• Like 2