Join our Telegram group by clicking the following link:

https://t.me/joinchat/BDsV7QrWB2ogzJ811S043A

You can get Telegram by downloading the app and creating an account using your phone number. You can then change your username to your forum name.

Mockingjay Raphael

Mockingjay Part 2 under $350M DOM

I was about to make a club for MJ2 under Furious 7 OW and dom total.  Then I found this one.  Here's what I wrote for it:

Pros
- It's early but interest still seems low
- Far stronger competition than Mockingjay 1 had
- MJ1 and 2 are completely different movies than Hunger Games and Catching Fire sold audiences on. (Youth death games sell better than dystopian future battles maybe?)
- Jennifer Lawrence has lost her luster in the last couple of years.

Cons
- Internet popularity does not correlate 1:1 with box office
- In regards to MJ1's steep drop, 2014 was a low year in general and while attendance this year isn't amazing it has certainly more than recovered dollar-wise.
- This year has already set the OW monthly record for 4 out of 8 months, if MJ2 does it for Nov then it doesn't need much more after thanksgiving week/weekend.

My guess is under 140m for the OW.

IN

I was about to make a club for MJ2 under Furious 7 OW and dom total. Then I found this one. Here's what I wrote for it:

Pros

- MJ1 and 2 are completely different movies than Hunger Games and Catching Fire sold audiences on. (Youth death games sell better than dystopian future battles maybe?)

Cons

- In regards to MJ1's steep drop, 2014 was a low year in general and while attendance this year isn't amazing it has certainly more than recovered dollar-wise.

- This year has already set the OW monthly record for 4 out of 8 months, if MJ2 does it for Nov then it doesn't need much more after thanksgiving week/weekend.

IN

Only $140m OW? Please no. Edited by DynamiX

I wouldn't be surprised, when several films over perform so much in a year others you would have thought were locks for huge numbers drop. and Star Wars ain't one of those, sure the HG die hards will rush out to see it (which is a lot of people) And I'll see it for sure. but I think it's boost will be closer to twilight than potter. don't know if it will fall below $350m but I'd be shocked if it hit $400m. the buzz just isn't there, and while HG is a good franchise it's still a UA series which means it's a fade and that fade is fading.  

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

I was about to make a club for MJ2 under Furious 7 OW and dom total. Then I found this one. Here's what I wrote for it:

Pros

Cons

IN

If the most anticipated movie of year by Fandango has low buzz, I wonder if any movie this year has buzz

Idk what the hell I was smoking when I made this topic.... OUT

$380m is the floor

I think you meant Mockingjay Part 2 over $400M.
  • Like 1